Editing commands to include joystick in panel tracking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing commands to include joystick in panel tracking

I have been trying to edit the commands that involve panel tracking to include joystick shortcuts that I use to navigate the panels. This will allow me to use my joystick when I really want to look around quickly and not have Orion lose where I'm looking. I'm running a T.Flight Hotas X, which doesn't have a lot of buttons, but with proper use of modifier buttons I have managed to create a setup where I literally don't have to move my hands to the keyboard or mouse unless I am navigating the galaxy map.

The problem that I am running into is that I use a modifier key for UI focus and the hat switch to look around. So the left panel command should be JOY8+Hat left. I set this up as a shortcut to the 'Left Panel' command in voice attack, but what ends up happening is that when the game recognizes the command is that I rapidly look at the panel and then back ahead. I check the command history and voice definitely recognizes the command and it only runs once. If, after this flick of my vision to the left and back ahead, I continue to hold JOY8, and release the hat, followed by the hat again, I end up looking at the left panel! But voice attack has performed two 'Left Panel' commands. Which isn't the behavior I was expecting and honestly I don't want to have to be flicking my view back and forth just to view the panels I want.

If under the joystick shortcut option that I set up, I check the box "shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down", then I look around perfectly, but voice attack doesn't note the command.

If, under joystick shortcut I select "shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released" then I look over as long as I hold JOY8. but then if I release it, I look back ahead. Voice attack does recognize this command but now I'm holding buttons I don't want to hold that are going to modify other JOY buttons.

Are there any solutions to this that you guys can think of? Do any of you manage to continue to look around with your stick after installing these voicepacks and manage to not mess up the panel tracking?

Check that the UI focus option is set to toggle and not "when held" inside elite dangerous.

Is your headlook mode set to toggle or Hold?

Apart from that the only thing that I can think of is that double inputting is cropping up where Elite Dangerous is reading the joystick (as Joy8+Left), doing its action, whilst Voice Attack is then running the command associated with that combination as well.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I have the same problem. I have a very simple system that I use for software development and testing and I cannot get the joystick to work. Everything else seems to be fine. This software is patterned after the FTC model in that it uses autonomous and tel-op modes. I did open a support ticket and sent them a file or two to reproduce it.Have you had other compile problems? I have had a couple and one is still outstanding: Servo names come up as undefined variable.

Comment

Hi. I have same issue. Voice attack (in simple words) don't see what i'm doing with joystick. UI is only by button acces. My bindings from ED with X52 imported to voice attack through voice command - import my control settings. Joystick configured in voice attack and it worked in test mode..... don't know what to do to make it work

Comment

Originally posted by oilik View Post
          Hi. I have same issue. Voice attack (in simple words) don't see what i'm doing with joystick. UI is only by button acces. My bindings from ED with X52 imported to voice attack through voice command - import my control settings. Joystick configured in voice attack and it worked in test mode..... don't know what to do to make it work
          the importing of bindings through the voice command only works for keyboard presses and not joystick/gamepad inputs

Comment

yes i have configured this in ED bindings - in second column together with joystick buttons. Any way its same with joystick profile with keys assigned to joystick "directly". Also i have latest beta Voice attack 1.6.1.27.

Comment

Has anything changed here? I'd love to have my voice command, like "Battle Stations" automatically switch my joystick mode instead of having to feel around for the side toggle on the joystick with my Rift headset on. If it's not - can we please get this feature added?

Comment

Nothing has changed, and in your *Specific* example here, something that we *cannot* do. I am assuming that this is the 3 position switch on the joystick (X52 / X52 pro) ?

We cannot set the profile up so that it presses buttons for you.

Comment

Working...
                X