Galaxy map command not opening the galaxy map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy map command not opening the galaxy map

Galaxy map command for some reason does not work for me - command is recognized and Astra responds but no galaxy map is opened. I looked at editing the Galaxy Map command but I'm not sure where and how to do this? What do you do to verify that the command is actually pressing the correct buttons to open the galaxy map?

Every online tutorials clearly shows button click actions when you are editing your commands but mine says: Execute Command '((Galaxy Map))'. It's like Galaxy Map command executes itself... What am I missing here? How can I look at/modify the actual Galaxy Map command being executed here...

Or perhaps someone can tell me why my galaxy map is not opening up?

UPDATE: I have figured out that the 1st button that is clicked when galaxy map command is invoke is the / button. I did this through the game itself when remapping the commands to asking astra to display galaxy map.
    Last edited by Markomir; 12-03-2016, 12:15 AM.

Originally posted by Markomir View Post
    Galaxy map command for some reason does not work for me - command is recognized and Astra responds but no galaxy map is opened. I looked at editing the Galaxy Map command but I'm not sure where and how to do this? What do you do to verify that the command is actually pressing the correct buttons to open the galaxy map?
    If you are using one of our existing .binds files to get the ingame bindings setup, then it should be all setup and ready to go. You just need to select the control scheme from the drop down menu in the Elite Dangerous options screen.

Every online tutorials clearly shows button click actions when you are editing your commands but mine says: Execute Command '((Galaxy Map))'. It's like Galaxy Map command executes itself... What am I missing here? How can I look at/modify the actual Galaxy Map command being executed here...

Or perhaps someone can tell me why my galaxy map is not opening up?
    Double check your ingame bind for the Galaxy map. It should (at least on a UK keyboard) be the / (forward slash).

You can double check your ingame bindings with this link.

We do also supply a range of .bind files for various control schemes where we have overlaid the required keypresses on top of the *default* control schemes (for game pad and joystick). The advantage of this is that Elite Dangerous *should* automatically change the mapping according to your keyboard Language. Same as Voice Attack should change the key that is pressed accordingly.

If you do want to modify a keypress command, then you edit the ((galaxy map)) command. It will be in the "keybinds" category on the profile edit screen. And it should have just one action: Pressing a key
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
    X