Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silent running

    Astra/voice attack seems to not recognize the "engage silent running" or "close heat vents" commands. Voice attack registers that I am saying it correctly, but even though the command is in the profile it seems it unrecognized. What to do?

  • #2
    Furthermore, voice attack says it's unrecognized. But it is in the profile.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's a dangerous command so we have attached it to a protocol override command to prevent accidental triggers. We actually almost removed it completely but this seems to be a good compromise even though it's a bit of a mouthful

      You have to say 'Protocol override silent running on" or off or any of the other triggers like 'Protocol override open heat vents'
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

      You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh that sounds sexy. Thank you, haha I never would have figured that out. Are there any other commands like that?

        Comment


        • #5
          Not as yet but it's something we can easily add to if people want to
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

          You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
            It's a dangerous command so we have attached it to a protocol override command to prevent accidental triggers. We actually almost removed it completely but this seems to be a good compromise even though it's a bit of a mouthful

            You have to say 'Protocol override silent running on" or off or any of the other triggers like 'Protocol override open heat vents'
            What a coincidence. I was working on EXACTLY this today. I could get her to go into Silent Running by saying "Rig for silent running!" after a lot of effort, but couldn`t get her to switch it off. So 'Protocol override silent running on" is the term to use!

            Well I just want to add I`ve never had problems with Astra misunderstanding these terms. Never. The worse I`ve had not responding sometimes, often with `Disengage`, but i think that`san Elite issue, but it`s usually because I forgot the words to use. Even when I sometimes whisper or mispronounce she often gets it. Please don`t delete it altogether, at least allow the option to use it.

            Not as yet but it's something we can easily add to if people want to
            PLEASE add whatever else you have I`m all for it!
            Last edited by Seafireliv; 02-14-2017, 05:24 PM.
            No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.

            Comment


            • #7
              That answers my question also. I noticed (override protocols) in the command and wondered what that was for. Now I know.
              Flimley
              p.s...I deactivated the protocol overrides. Hehe
              Last edited by Flimley; 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                How'd you disable the protocol? I hate this feature and I'd like to undo it so I can simply ask for it and she'll execute silent running for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That would be a nice SELF DESTRUCT cmd! Do it! kamikaze style!
                  -= what you do in life, echoes in eternity =-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by revenger681 View Post
                    How'd you disable the protocol? I hate this feature and I'd like to undo it so I can simply ask for it and she'll execute silent running for me.
                    1) open/edit the profile with the pen & paper icon from VA.
                    2) find the search box on the bottom right of the command listing window.
                    3) using the box you just found search for : "silent running" found in the "Ship - Commands" category
                    4) right click on the command and choose edit
                    5) on the bottom left the new window should look like the screenshot provided.
                    6) turn the command from requiring a prefix/group to a full command.

                    that simple. you could also have posted with a better tone and remember if you burn your ship you are solely to blame for it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Frici View Post

                      1) open/edit the profile with the pen & paper icon from VA.
                      2) find the search box on the bottom right of the command listing window.
                      3) using the box you just found search for : "silent running" found in the "Ship - Commands" category
                      4) right click on the command and choose edit
                      5) on the bottom left the new window should look like the screenshot provided.
                      6) turn the command from requiring a prefix/group to a full command.

                      that simple. you could also have posted with a better tone and remember if you burn your ship you are solely to blame for it
                      Thanks for this. I found the whole protocol override not needed for me and makes it difficult to act quick when someone starts scanning me.
                      No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.

                      Comment


                      • Frici
                        Frici commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah i sometimes disable it as well especially when smuggling things. so i can get in and out of it quickly.
                        But doing so is not recommended for inexperienced users

                    • #12
                      Maybe better to have the need for Protocol Override removed from the OFF side of things, as that is not a Risk.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Silent running is a toggle so accidental execution of the off command is just as dangerous
                        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

                        You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Frici View Post

                          1) open/edit the profile with the pen & paper icon from VA.
                          2) find the search box on the bottom right of the command listing window.
                          3) using the box you just found search for : "silent running" found in the "Ship - Commands" category
                          4) right click on the command and choose edit
                          5) on the bottom left the new window should look like the screenshot provided.
                          6) turn the command from requiring a prefix/group to a full command.

                          that simple. you could also have posted with a better tone and remember if you burn your ship you are solely to blame for it
                          I followed these instructions to disable "silent running" but the singularity profile claims "this is locked by the author" and cannot be changed. How do I unlock the profile for editing?
                          Truth is the reality in which we all agree. (c) WRR-1986
                          As a species, we are all singularly unique. But in the end, humanity is not cosmically significant. (c) WRR-2017

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            The singularity profile seems to be locked for editing by the "author". I cannot edit the "silent running" script as described by a moderator here. Is there a process to unlock the singularity profile. My "silent running" seems to activate all by itself, especially in combat, taking down my shields and costing me rebuys. I don't use this and would either like it to be totally a "voice command" or completely manual having to activate a switch on my throttle.
                            Truth is the reality in which we all agree. (c) WRR-1986
                            As a species, we are all singularly unique. But in the end, humanity is not cosmically significant. (c) WRR-2017

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X