Wrong mission for Storybook Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong mission for Storybook Beta

Trying out the new Storybook mode, which I'm rather excited about. At the very beginning, in Lave Station it's telling me to pick up any kind of cargo mission, anything where cargo is loaded on my ship. Well I've picked up like 5 and each time it tells me it's the wrong type of mission. I've made sure they give me cargo for delivery (simple boom time) and that it's in a different system (not just another station in Lave).

I feel like I'm missing something really stupid, or it's a bug ;-)

~X

could you possibly post your Elite journal logs for me to see what was happening at the time? You can upload them here, they don't contain any personal info.
    Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
    http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
      could you possibly post your Elite journal logs for me to see what was happening at the time? You can upload them here, they don't contain any personal info.
      Just for the future and for my and others info. Where I can find this Journal? Is it some kind of plugin?
      Asking cause I also dl and want to try this Storybook mission.

Comment

the journal logs are auto created by Elite Dangerous.

We have a plugin which reads the journal and does stuff according to that. Our profiles utilise the journal to ensure when stuff can/cannot happen.

When you unzip the Voice Pack download, there are two installers, one for the main voice pack, the 2nd for the plugins that the voice pack uses
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
          the journal logs are auto created by Elite Dangerous.

We have a plugin which reads the journal and does stuff according to that. Our profiles utilise the journal to ensure when stuff can/cannot happen.

When you unzip the Voice Pack download, there are two installers, one for the main voice pack, the 2nd for the plugins that the voice pack uses
          Ok, so when I dl and install Voicepack and a plugin, then this plugin creates this journal in ED folder? Is it in .txt file format?

Comment

The journal files are saved in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous

our plugin reads them but it's the game which creates them. They are in JSON format which indeed a text file. Find the ones dated from when the action happened and send it to us either by uploading here or to thethingis@theqnn.com
            Last edited by TheThingIs; 08-08-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
              The journal files are saved in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous

our plugin reads them but it's the game which creates them. They are in JSON format which indeed a text file. Find the ones dated from when the action happened and send it to us either by uploading here or to thethingis@theqnn.com
              Ok, got it Thx for the explenation.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, here are my logs from that day. Can't recall the exact time so I took all the logs and zipped them up for ya (not a ton but wanted to get you what you needed).

Let me know what I can do to test next. Know it's a beta and happy to help out.

-Ross
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks for those, they were very useful. Unfortunately they don't indicate any issues. The missions the log reported have the correct information SBG is looking for. It leaves us with the only conclusion that there is "possibly" something wrong with the plugin not providing us the correct info. I have been unable so far to reproduce the problem. All I can do is say try it again using a completely fresh install of the pack profile and SBG and see how you get on. There will be a new version of SBG out tonight which deals with some sound repeating issues so I'd wait for that before trying again.

Comment

Working...
                  X