No announcement yet.

Voice package features and personality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice package features and personality?

Has anyone made up a features and personality grid for voice packs? Or, failing that, anyone have enough packs that they can help with making choices?

I have Astra now and plan to purchase 2 or 3 more, but there are so many choices I’m completely overwhelmed and listening to all the videos is a hard way to figure out packs sometimes.

what I basically want to know is the simple stuff:

- gender of voice
    - voice effects (machine like, smooth, echo, radio static, etc)
    - attitude (pleasant, gruff, helpful, silly, etc)
    - special/unique features (galactopedia, tours, etc)
    - notes about profanity/maturity
    - one sentence background story
    - maybe some idea of how much or little “personality” the pack shows

I basically want to purchase 3 or 4 profiles that all have different sounds, with also different chatter and attitude. I want distinctly different character personalities... generally trying to avoid a situation where I end up with duplicates or multiple profiles that say the same things and only sound slightly different.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

This is desperately needed, right on the webstore front and centre where purchase decisions are made.

Comment

I think personalities would add a lot to the voice packs and I hope HCS will go that route at some point in the future. With Astra, there are a few comments that are buried and I haven't figured out if they are actually in the profile. One comment is ASTRA reminding you that she could suck all the air out of the ship. With ASTRA, it's not difficult to add your own comments.

Comment

So, it's been a while and I was really hoping to see the store pages for HCS updated with some better list. The pictures are all fine and all, but there are so many choices and there is very little actual info about what each pack is like.

Is there a resource out there anyone can recommend?

Comment

Hi Gerdofal, first: Merry Christmas to all Cmdr... Yep, would be nice to get more details about the single voice packs.
          I have a few myself and some are just brilliant for the fun, other are perfect for gaming - depends of what you up to.
          Went thru the sound samples on the HCS page a few times and choose the characters...
          I'll take your Q from the start and see if I can fill out some details... ... in the next days...
          ... it's so dark around me!
          Thx to my crew: ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA, MIDNIGHT, EDEN, CLEO and VASCO...
          ...and someone brought this fr***** bird on the ship http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/core/...ilies/wink.png.
          CECIL? It's time for a drink now...

Comment

Gangrel already maintains a list at http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...nt-voice-packs that provides some of what you're after. For the "personality" aspect I usually just watch the YouTube sample on the store page that shows the pack "in action" so you can hear the banter, style of voice, etc. (Though granted, I think some pages may not have the video.) As for profanity, if you look at the listing they have the "Parental Advisory Explicit Content" badge on each "album" cover artwork if it has profanity in it: https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/collections/voice-packs See Eli and Cleo for examples.

Comment

Working...
            X