'Would you like me to clear the area and prepare for jump'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Would you like me to clear the area and prepare for jump'

Is it just me or is this response a bit redundant?

The majority of the time when leaving a station or starport I want to clear the area and prepare for SYSTEM jump, not supercruise. It's very rare that I want to supercruise within the system. I only usually want that when leaving a planetary base, and that's covered in the 'go for launch' command.

We actually had a big debate about this and we ended up with the decision of supercruise. I'll probably make it customisable in singularity but we've just missed the v2 release so it'll have to go in the next one, or even a patch if we do any for it. Now if you'd have posted this 2 days ago it would have reminded me and I'd have popped it in....damn you!!!
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Sorry dude! Ah well, it gives us something to look forward to in the next upgrade... :-D

Comment

Here's another tweak for the to-do list - with interaction mode on, when characters say, "I can lower the landing gear" or, "Would you like me to..." etc., I tend to respond with, "OK", or "OK go ahead" (instead of "Yes" or "Yes please"). That response seems to be recognised but isn't linked to this situation so nothing happens. Is that an easy fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Marcus Calvert View Post
          Sorry dude! Ah well, it gives us something to look forward to in the next upgrade... :-D
          I think you can fix it now yourself. Just go to ((Ask Question)) and find line - Execute command, 'get clear and jump' - then change 'get clear and jump' into 'get clear and engage' - profit. I think it should work

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
            We actually had a big debate about this and we ended up with the decision of supercruise. I'll probably make it customisable in singularity but we've just missed the v2 release so it'll have to go in the next one, or even a patch if we do any for it. Now if you'd have posted this 2 days ago it would have reminded me and I'd have popped it in....damn you!!!
            Is there a way that I can disable this question? I checked the script but for the hell of me, I couldn't find where this question originates. And it really annoys me.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry for reviving an older thread here, but I was just curious....

Maybe I'm going nuts, but I could swear this command used to give vertical thrust, raise landing gear, engage full speed, engage boost, then jump to SC or HJ depending on my target lock. Now, when I tell it to clear the area and prepare for jump, it just full throttles me forward, right into some piece of the station, then tries to boost me through the sstation I guess? IDK, but I swear it used to lift you up from hovering over the landing pad, lift landing gear, then enable throttle... not just thrust you straight into an obstacle.

Comment

the first part you mention is done by the "departure handover" cmd and not the get clear....with the get clear and jump cmd...the question is asked using a timer. If you exit the station quite slowly then the question is being asked too soon so I'd suggest increasing the timer for it in the customiser
                The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X