Singularity harder to edit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singularity harder to edit.

I am having a really hard time figuring out how to edit or add commands to the new singularity profile. Previously, I had easily added commands to existing action strings and it took no time at all to figure out.

A custom command as easy as "I have the ship" with only a selection of random voice response, or "set cruise power" and assigning a few keystrokes is easy enough. Adding voice commands to current events took a bit of figuring out compared to the previous, but I got it (because they all seem to be amalgamated now). But that is where I have an issue.....

The commands are tied to ASTRA's voice now, and there are a few commands I can't figure out how to modify (like modifying a speed setting) or adding a command that isn't just a basic keystroke-response. Problem is, I don't see how the heck it does this with the existing command string.

Is there any place I can refer to for help understanding how these packs are programmed?

For example: I want to use the words "approach checks" and have VA set approach speed to 40% and lights on (with state checks) or a variation thereof. Then have "prepare for landing" lower the gear. I've set myself up to say multiple commands separately for an approach procedure, but it's not ideal. (i.e. Requst Docking, approach lights on, station keeping, lower the gear, docking speed). Also, I'd like to have VA activate the lights during ASTRA's departure procedure.
    Last edited by tasev1; 03-17-2018, 02:16 AM.

For my custom commands since Singularity I use "Execute Another Command (by name) and avoid to change any Singularity command. This has the advantage that all state checks are done and I don't have to do it on my own.
    For example I have a command "exit protocol" which retracts weapons/cargo scoop (both only if necessary), thrusters 100%, afterburners and engage supercruise. All with Execute another command.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatsushira View Post
      For my custom commands since Singularity I use "Execute Another Command (by name) and avoid to change any Singularity command. This has the advantage that all state checks are done and I don't have to do it on my own.
      For example I have a command "exit protocol" which retracts weapons/cargo scoop (both only if necessary), thrusters 100%, afterburners and engage supercruise. All with Execute another command.
      Can you share that? That's almost exactly what I am trying to figure out how to make work right now.

Comment

Sure, there you go.
        Attached Files

Comment

you'll need to set the role for who speaks or VA is likely to crash using that cmd
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Wouldn't this be redundant as I only use your commands? This uses the voices I set for the different stations without me setting the roles in my command.

Comment

role is a command scoped variable which gets forgotten when the cmd finishes...if you don't set it before calling a play sound then VA is liable to crash
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
              X