Voice attack crashed last night and since then Astra is cover all postions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice attack crashed last night and since then Astra is cover all postions

I have the lastest versions of Orion, Vega and Astra and everything was working correctly until after the voice attack crash last night. Since them Even though it says I have 3 crew members at start up, Astra took over all the stations. This is in spite of all three crew members being assigned to specific crew potions for each ship. When I say the protocol override command, Astra acknowledges and the screen comes up for editing. When I look at the stations, everything is programed correctly. I have Orion at First officer and helm, vega at tactical and science and Astra assigned to engineering and operations for each ship. However when save and return to voice attack, it still shows Astra covering all positions. If I restart voice attack and ED, the problem remains the same. How do I get Orion and Vega back to voicing their assigned roles?

Strange.... will look into why the plugin isn't saving. Have you tried changing the ship/docking/undocking? Just as a test to see what happens
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I will try to reset everything now and set it up again from scratch. Will let you know what happens

Comment

I just reset everything from scratch and will test it now to see if its fixed or not. I will post the result in a few minutes.

A couple other things I noticed while playing. When I jump to a star, if I jump using explorer jump or just by saying engage warp etc, the star is always targeted and a scan is run. Shouldn't it only target the start with a command like explorer jump or lock and scan star? The other part of this is that the scan that is run seems to be a basic discovery type scan because it only picks up objects really close to the star. The problem with that is that I have the advanced discover scanner and if its scanning it should pick up the whole system. Right now, I am triggering that scan manually and finding the rest of the system after I am told the scan has been completed and updating cartography.

In the customization menu, If I enable interaction mode, it won't stay enabled unless I also select profane. if profane is not selected, then interaction mode is deselected when I go back into the extra content menu. Also, a couple questions on the extra content.What is the difference between randomall and randomcrew? Also what does crew rotation mode do and what does the number mean?

Thank you

Edit to add: The problem persists even after the reset and (re) step up.

12:30:10 AM - Game loaded. All systems now online.
        12:29:50 AM - Listening suspended
        12:29:49 AM - Elite: Dangerous VoiceAttack profile - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd
        12:29:49 AM - Singularity v1.04 - VoiceAttack v1.6.9
        12:29:49 AM - Astra has all stations covered
        12:29:49 AM - You currently have 3 crew members aboard but you don't have the Ships Cat and vermin is rife.
        12:29:49 AM - WARNING you have missing keyboard binds in Elite. Details saved to C:\Users\Rick\Desktop\MissingBinds.txt
        12:29:38 AM - Singularity initialising...
        12:29:38 AM - Listening suspended
        12:29:36 AM - Plugin 'HCS Elite Plugin v2.04 - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd' initialized.
        12:29:36 AM - Plugin support enabled.
        Last edited by Rick Bravo; 03-29-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bravo View Post
          A couple other things I noticed while playing. When I jump to a star, if I jump using explorer jump or just by saying engage warp etc, the star is always targeted and a scan is run. Shouldn't it only target the start with a command like explorer jump or lock and scan star?
          If you have explorer mode ticked, then it will autofire the discovery scanner. The "Expand Explorer mode" does the star targetting part.

The other part of this is that the scan that is run seems to be a basic discovery type scan because it only picks up objects really close to the star. The problem with that is that I have the advanced discover scanner and if its scanning it should pick up the whole system. Right now, I am triggering that scan manually and finding the rest of the system after I am told the scan has been completed and updating cartography.
          It will fire which ever discovery scanner you have in your 2ndary fire... so if it is a basic discovery scanner, then that is it.

In the customization menu, If I enable interaction mode, it won't stay enabled unless I also select profane. if profane is not selected, then interaction mode is deselected when I go back into the extra content menu. Also, a couple questions on the extra content.What is the difference between randomall and randomcrew? Also what does crew rotation mode do and what does the number mean?
          Strange on the first part. Will look into it. though.

Random all is for *ALL* the packs that are installed on your system. Random Crew is only those who have been comissioned on the ship (ie those who have a ship role). Crew rotation mode: Will change who is assigned to what post, and the number is how many seconds will pass before it does so.

Edit to add: The problem persists even after the reset and (re) step up.

12:30:10 AM - Game loaded. All systems now online.
          12:29:50 AM - Listening suspended
          12:29:49 AM - Elite: Dangerous VoiceAttack profile - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd
          12:29:49 AM - Singularity v1.04 - VoiceAttack v1.6.9
          12:29:49 AM - Astra has all stations covered
          12:29:49 AM - You currently have 3 crew members aboard but you don't have the Ships Cat and vermin is rife.
          12:29:49 AM - WARNING you have missing keyboard binds in Elite. Details saved to C:\Users\Rick\Desktop\MissingBinds.txt
          12:29:38 AM - Singularity initialising...
          12:29:38 AM - Listening suspended
          12:29:36 AM - Plugin 'HCS Elite Plugin v2.04 - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd' initialized.
          12:29:36 AM - Plugin support enabled.
          Will look into it, I have made a note about it. I have a feeling that someone (ie not me) screwed up with the plugin not saving properly due to CatOnKeyboard syndrome

Comment

Thanks a lot for those answers, that helps. Looking forward to hearing what you discover about the interaction mode issue and about Astra taking over the ship.

thanks again,
            Rick

Comment

Were you able to find anything about Asta's mutiny or the interaction mode issue? Poor Orion and Vega are either floating in space or are in the brig somewhere awaiting your rescue plan.

Comment

What happens if you use voice commands to assign crew members?

Comment

it recognizes the commands, and it seems to have implemented them in game. Orion is back, but haven't heard from Vega yet but just did a short run and will test this more. I am also not sure what will happen when I close and reopen VA. I will let you know if the setting stick or if astra takes over agian
                  Last edited by Rick Bravo; 04-03-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Its worth noting that if VA crashes out (for whatever reason, or if you force quit via command line for example), then the settings are *NOT* saved

Comment

I understand that can happen but you should be able to reset them manually and that I was unable to do via the protocol override screen. So far the voice commands has everything working correctly but I don't know if they will hold the next time I close VA. I will keep you posted though.

Comment

On the off chance it is useful, I will note I eliminated most (all?) my voice Attack crashes by switching back to the default Windows desktop voice instead of Zira. Seems EDDI stumbles over some of the others.

Comment

unfortunately saving settings only when VA closes properly is the way VA does it and we can't get around that. If VA crashes then all changes you have made since starting VA will be lost. The issue was detected and is why Astra was assigned to all the roles, as we must have somebody assigned to them.
                          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
                          X