Need Help with Elite: Singularity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Elite: Singularity

OK, I'm now officially burnt out. I'm using Window 7 Pro on a very good I7 chip and two GTX 780 ti's sli'd. I've installed VoiceAttack (Steam

Three hcspacks Cleo, Orion and Verity, all installed in

Steam\steamapp\common\VoiceAttack\Sounds.

Question 1

10:26:50 AM - WARNING you have missing keyboard binds in Elite.

10:26:50 AM - Please refer to the Missing KeyBinds report in the Customiser.

I've done a Windows complete search on both my C:\ drive (boot up drive) and E:\ Drive (games drive) for “Missing KeyBinds”, “KeyBinds” and “Customiser”, nothing showed up, searched on your website, one statement was check my desktop, nope not installed on my desktop either, so where can I find the info so I know which KeyBinds need addressing and fix that problem.

Question 2

When I ask voiceattack who's on duty, Cleo is the one that answers. I'm using Elite:Singularity, the lastest version emailed to me by you guys less than 15 hours ago. I have all updated (brand new versions (as I have only just purchased them) of both VoiceAttack and the HCS Voicepacks, updating one of the programs as requested by an auto alert from said program, can't remember which one it was though. :-

10:26:50 AM - Elite: Dangerous VoiceAttack profile - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd

10:26:50 AM - Singularity v1.11 - VoiceAttack v1.7

10:26:50 AM - Cleo has all stations covered

10:26:50 AM - You currently have 3 crew members aboard but you don't have the Ships Cat and vermin is rife.

8:09:52 AM - Listening resumed

8:09:44 AM - Listening suspended

8:09:42 AM - Plugin 'HCS Elite Plugin v2.12 - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd' initialized.

8:09:42 AM - Plugin support enabled.

I've watched your youtube video's on how to assign different characters but the videos are out of date as they are pre Singularity. I need to know how I can ask any of the characters I have now and the other characters I intend to buy shortly once I have some more money to do so to assign another character, so I can swap them in and out any time I feel like it. I've done a lot of reading of the forums and watching videos, but am now burnt out. I'm sure there is a simple way but I've been unable to find it and am now too tired, I need your help.

Thanking you in Advance

Sles

QUestion 1) Say "Protocol Override: Customise my settings" to bring up the customiser. Useful list of videos explaining customiser

Question 2) Say "Crew Command Roster"
    (wait for Bosun Whistle)
    Crewman <name> you are <ship role>
    (repeat as necessary)
    "That is all"

Ship Roles:
    1. First officer: Essentially, your “Number one”. This role will take care of important tasks like navigation – The galaxy and system maps, the panels and one or two other duties.
    2. Engineering: Power management, the jump drives, cargo scoop, landing modules and SRV deployment.
    3. Helm control: Thrusters & drives velocity.
    4. Tactical: Sensors radar, targeting, weapons, wing targeting and away missions (SRV Ai)
    5. Operations: General operation of the Ai – Voice control on/off, centring HMD and various other duties TBA
    6. Science officer: Targeting (if weapons are deployed, this will default to tactical). Educational material, Galaxapedia, Constellations, Quantum Theory, Stars & Planets

This is mentioned at the end of the pdf manual (along with the customiser
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Wow, you guys are brilliant. I spent so much time watching videos and scouring forums, I neglected to RTFM properly, I'm not only trying to learn the ins and outs of VoiceAttack and the Elite Singularity voicepacks, I'm also learning Elite Dangerous (only in the tutorials at the moment) and trying to learn the best configuration for my Warthog HOTAS using your Default Keybinds guide, all in all, I think I've taken on too much too soon, I need to slow down, step back, take a breath and do it bit by bit in a slower, more relaxed way. Again, thanks heaps, I love the product (everything I've seen on youtube and soon to be on my own little screen starring myself, and the support and response times from you guys is brilliant. I wish you all, all the success in the world, now, where'd I put that Hammer.....

Again, thanks a million

Comment

No worries, always happy to help.

And put the hammer down, not everything is a nail...

Unless it is a nail, then you get out the screwdriver
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Hi Lesdixic , yep, it's a long long way to get this all in one head... at least in my head.
          I used first keyboard and than added VA and HCS VoicePacks to it. Swapped from keyboard to HOTAS X56
          This setup helps alot to get all functions of ED done: two hands, two ears and voice... next step would be VR...

Gangrel ... and if it isnt a hammer or srewdriver it might be duct tape or WD40... how we say.... thumbs up!
          Last edited by RoundAbout; 06-22-2018, 05:26 PM.
          ... it's so dark around me!
          Thx to ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA and MIDNIGHT
          And sometimes I have a drink with CECIL...

Comment

Hi RoundAbout, totally agree with the VR step, I'm trying to save up for the HTC Vive but, being a financially embarrassed pensioner it's gonna take me about a year to save for it. Though I did bust out and buy VoiceAttack and 3 HCS packs, going without alcohol and other pleasures and living frugally. I can't wait to be running Elite with voicepacks and VR, I'll be in Heaven.. cheers and all the best, Sles

Comment

Forgot to mention, I've got the voicepack working now, was just me being dumb, thanks heaps to the help Gangrel, I'm a very happy chappy

Comment

Hi Lesdixic , brilliant! So welcome to the club!
                Yep, have to safe money for HTC pro as well... but soon... and xmas is not so far away... lol
                ... it's so dark around me!
                Thx to ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA and MIDNIGHT
                And sometimes I have a drink with CECIL...

Comment

Working...
                X