Can't edit simple commands.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't edit simple commands.

First, thank you for the recent help. I have Orion up and running with the Singularity pack.

This question is regarding the editing of simple commands. My main function in E now is traveling long distances and there are a few things that bug me:

1) Getting into Hypercruise.. Why is it so difficult to get the machine to press the J button and go. Why do I have to say "Warp Speed Next System" when I only should need to say "Jump:
    2) Getting into Supercuise: Same as above.
    3) Dropping out of Hypercruise... zero power? Who thought that was a good idea? My plan in to jump in, scoop, honk, and jump out. That shouldn't be hard. But there is no easy scan command.
    4) can't just say "Full Power" and have it recognized to mean "100% power"

So, I edit commands to make them do what I want. Say "Jump" press the "J" key for .5 seconds. Did that. Say "Jump" .. nothing happens.
    Edit commands again. Say "Boost" press J key blah blah blah ... nothing happens
    Edit command to go full power with "Full Power" .. nothing happens.

Ok, what am I missing? Why is it difficult to create/edit simple commands? And How do you edit exiting hypercruise with full power?

1) and 2) We removed single word phrases because people were getting annoyed with the false triggers so we removed them quite a while back. Side note: This isn't just for "jump" but for other older single word commands that we used to have.

3) This should only be the case if you have "explorer mode" enabled. If you want it to do the autohonk, then when you are in space, just a quick "jostle" of the throttle will set it back to what previously (this is because we set the throttle to zero once you enter warp, if you have explorer mode enabled)

4) When you say 100% power... are you referring to throttle? Weapons? Shields? Engine power?

When you say that you have edited the commands.... do you mean that you have made your *own* commands or that you are editing existing commands?
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

1) and 2) make perfect sense. Thank you. And 4) along those lines as well. I appreciate you pointing them out to me. Single words, while easier for me would be a detriment to the community as a whole.. this is understandable.

I am unfamiliar with "Explorer mode". Please enlighten me.

And yes, edit my own, created my own and none of them worked

Comment

Explorer mode is the "Jump to next system, scan system automagically" setting. If you say "protocol override: customise my settings" then it is under the "extra content" button.

And in terms of making your own commands, I have no idea as to why they wouldn't work. Can you try them in their own profile?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
          Explorer mode is the "Jump to next system, scan system automagically" setting. If you say "protocol override: customise my settings" then it is under the "extra content" button.

And in terms of making your own commands, I have no idea as to why they wouldn't work. Can you try them in their own profile?
          No, these are not recognized in any form. It will not scan and now that I've said Protocol override etc nothing is working. I can get verbal acknowledgement but it does not do anything in the game. There is no scan feature or explorer mode that I can find.

Comment

Im stupid...
            Last edited by The-other-dude; 06-30-2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

When you start up voice attack, the window should look something like

Now you might have a line(s) saying "Missing binds detected" or something similar.

Can you post an image of your voice attack window when it loads up please

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
                When you start up voice attack, the window should look something like

Now you might have a line(s) saying "Missing binds detected" or something similar.

Can you post an image of your voice attack window when it loads up please
                I am jealous of your full compliment of crew. Pays to be the admin LOL

Comment

Working...
                X