Write new commands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write new commands

I'm using ED Engineers (https://github.com/msarilar/EDEngineer) and to get the overlay I have to press Ctrl+F10. How would I incorporate that command into a Voice Pack command to where I can just ask Astra to open it? I can change the default command if I have t

Best option: follow this guide on how to add custom commands.

But on top of that, it is nothing more complex than creating a command that just presses those keys and then plays a sound file (if you want an audio response).
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Stop being so logical and simple! .. I'm trying to find something difficult and perplexing! Thanks for this... So the Custom Profile I create will blend in with the Singularity? And if I wanted to add something like "Full Stop" setting throttle to 0% it won't over-ride any original commands?

Comment

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: When you update the Elite: Singularity options screen (as noted in Step 14 (both of them; I think they were mis-numbered)) and set it to include your custom profile containing your own custom commands, then any custom commands you create will be recognized by Voice Attack. If you want to create a custom command like, "Full stop", you'd set that as the "When I say..." part and then in the "When this command executes, do the following sequence" you would (in step 9 of the guide Gangrel referenced) just list the exact name of the existing Singularity command that sets throttle to 0% (because, why recreate the wheel?).

Thereafter, any time there's a Singularity update, you'd only need to redo Step 14 (linking Singularity to your custom profile) and maybe scan the release notes to see if any HCS commands used in your custom commands have changed in the latest version.

Comment

To point out: If you have a command in both profiles that shares the same "When I say trigger", then the Singularity profile (the active profile in this case) would be the one that takes precedence.
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thank you both for your time and expertise.

Comment

Working...
            X