April Update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Update?

With the ED April update around the corner, do you think it will affect Singularity? Other than the new auto-launch computer, it looks like there won't be any changes that will break Singularity.

Thoughts?

CMDR K Mannheim

It does not look like it will break Singularity no.
    Which is good, and from what I know plans are to support the new stuff so that will be neat to see
    The April changes feel like they will be a good addition to the game.

Comment

• dranck
      dranck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! That's what I was hoping!

I've been out of the loop for a while. What are the major things that are in the April Update?

Comment

Summary of the changes coming on Tuesday to Elite:
      - Main Menu redesign, including CMDR name, avatar and funds in one corner, as well as your current ship as background. Also includes GalNet feed.

- New Commander setup revamped, including better setup flow and more immurshion. New Commander setup showed no option for Open/PG/Solo, existing CMDR start is currently unclear.

- Training missions offered at CMDR startup, can also now be accessed directly from ingame at any time.
      - Advanced Combat Training has been nerfed and is now literally unplayable. (I have actually successfully completed it on it's current difficulty.)

- New commanders have an additional new option of starter system in the Pilot's Federation District. Region is permit-locked, as soon as you get your first PF rank in any category, you are given a mission to leave the district, the first time you dock outside, you lose the permit.

- Commodities Market is just generally better. Filters, Buy/Sell as separate screens, much more detail about commodities and nearby trade data.

- Nav panel has icons indicating available activities. Signal sources have a threat level and warning for potentially under-levelled CMDRs.
      - Advanced Docking Computer will now also launch your ship, get a way away, then deactivate. Be careful on High-G planets.

- Supercruise Assist will fly you in a straight, unobstructed line to your destination. Will drop you out of Supercruise at an orbital station, will put you in stable orbit over a planet. Will not fly down to the planet for you. Also includes an option to zero your throttle on dropping into a system.

- Auto Dock, Auto Launch & Hyperspace Dethrottle are all independently toggle-able if necessary module is installed.

- All small ships are getting two Class 1 unrestricted module slots. All medium or large ships are getting one Class 1 unrestricted module slot. All new small ships will come pre-fitted with an Advanced Docking Computer and Supercruise Assist. All new medium and large ships will come pre-fitted with Supercruise Assist.

- Pilot's Handbook providing information on most career types in the game, with lots of information about the different aspects of this, as well as information on the maps and crime and punishment.

Comment

Having had a play around with the new patch briefly today most things seems to work ok. Are you planning on putting some sort of enable auto pilot command in, so I don't have to go to the navigation panel and select my destination then select the supercruise assist mode?

Guessing that might be a bit on the difficult side but hopefully it's doable.

Thanks

Comment

Customizer named control schemes for HOTAS's aren't showing as they are named in the customizer like they used to. It just shows "custom". Can't seem to get "Disengage on my mark" to work for some reason. I've tried remapping, and redoing the Customizer to no avail.

*edited for Their, there, they're, mistake... please don't hate me, it was the beeeeer!!!!*
          Last edited by Zhurdan; 04-24-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Cmdr Galyock
            Cmdr Galyock commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, at least you noticed your're your mistake. ;P

enable auto pilot isn't possible I'm afraid as it's on the targeted left panel and we can't tell where on that list is the target
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
            enable auto pilot isn't possible I'm afraid as it's on the targeted left panel and we can't tell where on that list is the target
            Yeah that's what I figured. Shame they didn't just map a key press to it.

Hopefully frontier will fix the restock button soon as it's playing havoc with the fuel, weapons and resupply sequence when I dock.

Comment

When I am coming into a planet now and say "prepare for orbit", nothing happens. When I check the voice attack log, the error is that I cannot perform the command from the SRV. Something is up as it worked just fine before the update.

Comment

hi there i am having a problem with updating my profiles? i can't seem to get them by email anymore it did work but now i have been told that my email address does not work for any of them except orion??? here is what i get when i open up voice attack

3:15:35 PM - Ready, waiting for you to log into Elite...
                3:15:35 PM - Listening suspended
                3:15:35 PM - WARNING you have missing keyboard binds in Elite.
                3:15:35 PM - Please refer to the Missing KeyBinds report in the Customiser.
                3:15:35 PM - Say "protocol override [customise;customize] [my;the] settings" to open it.
                3:15:35 PM - Or, with keypresses on, you can press LeftCtrl+LeftAlt+LeftShift+Enter.
                3:15:30 PM - Reading keybinds from Elite and checking for any missing...
                3:15:30 PM - Setting game to Elite: Dangerous
                3:15:30 PM - Reading in Voice Triggers from template 'English'...
                3:15:29 PM - Astra needs to be updated to work with this profile.
                3:15:29 PM - Please download the pack using the original link in your email (the latest version is always downloaded)
                3:15:29 PM - Alix needs to be updated to work with this profile.
                3:15:29 PM - Please download the pack using the original link in your email (the latest version is always downloaded)
                3:15:29 PM - Checking integrity of detected crew...
                3:15:29 PM - Detecting the crew...
                3:15:29 PM - Running diagnostic checks...
                3:15:27 PM - Checking for updates...
                3:15:27 PM - Loading customiser settings...
                3:15:27 PM - Initialising, please wait...
                3:15:27 PM - VoiceAttack profile - (c) HCS VoicePacks Ltd 2018
                3:15:27 PM - Singularity v2.03 - VoiceAttack v1.7.5
                3:15:27 PM - Plugin 'HCS Plugin v3.02 - (c) HCS VoicePacks Ltd 2016' initialized.
                3:15:27 PM - VoiceAttack privileges not elevated. Pro Tip - If you are having trouble with key presses being recognized, try running as an administrator.
                3:15:27 PM - Plugin support enabled.
                i need help???!!!

Comment

use the download link which is in your emails from hcs and download your packs again
                  The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
                    I'm now fully updated with the latest HCS and EDDI and everything is working as it should.

If you use the Advanced DC, just disable the "Always do full departure handover" in the Docking& Launch Control Panel in the "Override Protocol customize settings" screen.

Then just say "Launch to initiate the "Auto Launch" sequence. "Request Docking" operates normally.

HTH

Supercruise assist is a waste of time, don't bother wasting a slot. Just throttle down to 75% when you see the timer at 10 sec. I use voice triggers to add "On Approach" and "Cruise" as well as "Standard Speed and "Ahead 2/3" to throttle down. If you don't want to miss just throttle down earlier.
                    Last edited by GJ51; 04-27-2019, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X