Finding planets on Elite Dangerous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding planets on Elite Dangerous

What do most users on here do on Elite Dangerous when on the Map screen and their friend is at a certain planet and they want to search for it on the map screen using a voice pack??? What commands do you use?

Personally speaking? I would just do it manually.

Unless of course you are doing it letter by letter spelling.... which I can understand if you use a Vive/Rift headset. Otherwise, it would just be faster using manual text entry. Just being honest on this one
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I meant because I'll be playing it with my Oculus Rift on!!!! Plus Voice attack cannot understand me when I say some letters of the Alphabet!!!! I'm wondering is this because of the oculus microphone??? Would I be best getting a highly rated usb microphone?

Comment

No, it is because we haven't set the profiles up for letter by letter dictation

Comment

Ive tried using phonetic and normal A, B, C etc and the only things it struggles on is Quebec for Q and Papa for P, I need to know is there anyway I can get the microphone and voiceattack with a voicepack to get to userstand them two words????? The Microsoft trainer only lets you say phrases to it so that wont teach it when I say Papa, Voiceattack hears it as papa!!!

Comment

If you are using ASTRA, there is the "Alpha Numeric" profile in the Themes subdirectory of the voice pack.

Comment

The thing is, Ive programed voice attack to press a when I say Alpha etc, So its not the voicepack, its actually getting Voice Attack to understand me when I say Papa and Quebec etc!!! I'm just wondering what the alpha numeric profile in ASTRA uses for A,B,C etc to that voice attack understands the person????

Comment

Originally posted by madmart36 View Post
                The thing is, Ive programed voice attack to press a when I say Alpha etc, So its not the voicepack, its actually getting Voice Attack to understand me when I say Papa and Quebec etc!!! I'm just wondering what the alpha numeric profile in ASTRA uses for A,B,C etc to that voice attack understands the person????
                Gotcha, thought it was a problem with our voice packs for a while there.

Our alpha numeric profile uses:
                "Pappa/Puppa for P" P
                "Q for Quebec" , Q

Comment

Just to add to Gangrel's bit...VA doesn't do well with single syllable commands, the longer you can make the command the better it will work. Hence saying "P for Pappa" should work better than "Pappa" or "P". The same goes for numbers too. Saying "fifteen" struggles but saying "one five" works great. Just some ideas to help you get it working better for you.
                  The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
                  X