Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

astra is silent even after i have told her to wake up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra is silent even after i have told her to wake up.

I cant figure out why astra is silent. if I say a command like what is a star. command is recognised, though silent. I try to edit command to check script and hit preview. sound wave plays. close it without changing anything and give the same command no response is heard. any idea what the issue is?

any astra command is followed by silence.. my other plugins and commands that do play sound or use test to speech is heard.
    Last edited by kingston@#; 02-03-2017, 06:02 PM.

after trying to edit some of the astra wave files I have found they do not exist. if I hit preview i get error until I manually point to the wave file
    Attached Files

Comment

an Astra update is imminent
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

• TheThingIs
        TheThingIs commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry. What I was meaning was that it's difficult for us to look at possible profile issues just now because Astra is about to get updated, today I believe. It's an almost completely re-written profile that's coming so it would be better if you can hang on, try the new version and then let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

there was no mention of a problem with astra when i got in contact with support because my login details were no longer recognised. when i was checking for updates. i was also not recieving emails saying there was updates available. i had been using the ver i bought + 1 updated ver, i did recieve an email about. in 2015..
      support reply ,
      Your order has been imported into a new system we're using to manage our sales. It was for the following items A.S.T.R.A Commands + GalaXapediA + Constellations + Quantum Theory + Ships + Vulcan + S-Ai (Simulated Ai Experimental) + Stephen Hawking Quotes x 1
      The digital products that formed part of this order can be downloaded from a new url. i downloaded from new url...
      it would have been nice for the fact it wasnt working correctly, was brought to my attention. and that a new system had been implemented. ( a customer kept in the dark.)
      i was using latest EDDI ver rolled back too

EDDI 2.0.13 is what i am currently useing.
      VA ver is 1.6.127 pre-release.
      back to the issue.
      va command states address of wave has commodities in address, the folder with the wave files is in cap COMMODITIES. it is the only folder that is in caps, i thought thats weird. shouldnt it be in lowercase, thought that was the issue.. changed it to lowercase, but it failed to correct the issue!

i also tried VA without plugin EDDI. still failed to work correctly
      Last edited by kingston@#; 02-04-2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• TheThingIs
        TheThingIs commented
        Editing a comment
        We wouldn't have mentioned an issue to you as we are not aware of such a fundamental problem. Some niggly little bugs yes but an issue of no sounds playing for everyone would have been fixed and updated immediately.

You need to import the Glaxapidia .vap file, or if you want all the extra's, use the Full House .vap file in VA.

Comment

i checked out what you advised. however I try I cant import a vap that is already in the profile, I'm using 2.0 Astra Full House - Guardians Plugins.vap... I dumped my existing profile, added my stand alone commands. astra is still silent. all the themed profiles are included in 2.0 Astra Full House - Guardians Plugins.vap

Comment

So the problem is that *no matter* the command (even stuff like Deploy Landing Gear), there is no sound playing?

Do you, by any chance... have a version of windows that doesn't have Windows Media Player installed?
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

running win 10 pro.. yes I have sound. I have sound although a spoken command is recognised no sound will be heard. though as I said earlier.. if I open the command and edit, then hit preview, it as you can see in pic there is no file with that name. if I then point va to the file that is the correct fil. it will play. if I say command it wont play. read my post and understand.. I come here for support not for you to make out I'm thick, . obviously its you who is thick... seeing as I spelt out the issue and you haven't understood or looked at the pics.

I have been told an Astra update is imminent.........................I took that to mean that there is an issue with it.

you have probably picked up that you have totally pissed me off with you patronising remark, or has that gone over your head as well as my issue. if you have got nothing constructive to say then don't say anything........
            when I start VA eddi plugin starts saying things like new galnets report has been issued.
            Last edited by kingston@#; 02-04-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
              an Astra update is imminent
              my apologies if I misunderstood you!

recorded what happens here I have now fixed the error that wav does not exist, but still I get no response from astra
              not very proficient my first try to record part of my screen.. had some fun though. first try had only VA window on it...snagit saved the day..
              vid =https://youtu.be/af38ne20afg
              Last edited by kingston@#; 02-04-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston@# View Post
                running win 10 pro.. yes I have sound. I have sound although a spoken command is recognised no sound will be heard. though as I said earlier.. if I open the command and edit, then hit preview, it as you can see in pic there is no file with that name. if I then point va to the file that is the correct fil. it will play. if I say command it wont play. read my post and understand.. I come here for support not for you to make out I'm thick, . obviously its you who is thick... seeing as I spelt out the issue and you haven't understood or looked at the pics.
                Actually, The fact that the file is there and that it works when you preview it, and yet it doesn't work when the command runs... that is what is confusing me/us. There are versions of Windows out there that *don't* have Windows Media Player installed, and that is used for the playback of the wav files in Voice Attack.

I have been told an Astra update is imminent.........................I took that to mean that there is an issue with it.

you have probably picked up that you have totally pissed me off with you patronising remark, or has that gone over your head as well as my issue. if you have got nothing constructive to say then don't say anything........
                when I start VA eddi plugin starts saying things like new galnets report has been issued.
                If we don't say anything, then you would surely complain about the lack of support that we give people.

But I am just trying to knock some of the most common problems out of the window. And believe it or not, some of them are due to people running versions of Windows that do not have Windows Media Player components on their system.

Have you tried ticking the "Force Legacy Audio" option on the Audio tab of Voice Attack options?

*edit* Should also say, we have just finished a large re-write of the ASTRA profile, so maybe this fixed it? ((Side note: The update has been released, you can download it via the same link you already have))
                Last edited by Gangrel; 02-04-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

no I havnt tried FLA option I will try it . will download from link and report back

my apologies.. very tired been awake since 2am....sleep does not come easy for me.

and I'm not very happy with what a load of ..... football Liverpool just put on show..
                  Last edited by kingston@#; 02-04-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

the news is good working as intended now.. running latest ver VA and ASTRA,

Comment

• TheThingIs
                      TheThingIs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      excellent news! enjoy

Originally posted by kingston@# View Post
                    no I havnt tried FLA option I will try it . will download from link and report back

my apologies.. very tired been awake since 2am....sleep does not come easy for me.

and I'm not very happy with what a load of ..... football Liverpool just put on show..
                    I know what the lack of sleep is like... I find it very hard myself; and have done for many years.

Good to hear that it is all sorted though

Shame my team lost to Chelsea today....

Comment

• kingston@#
                      kingston@# commented
                      Editing a comment
                      good news though you were beaten by league leaders...and drew against L. L beaten by bottom
                  Working...
                  X