Eden Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eden Countdown

Hey, Awesome Voice pack this is, I'm loving eden every moment but as i was customizing her i noticed she doesn't have a countdown, I'm playing Elite Dangerous and I want to replace the standard ship voice completely.
    I want eden to say something like 4...3....2...1 Engage. right before warping. is that possible for the future?
    Last edited by seiferxj9@gmail.com; 02-04-2017, 04:24 AM.

Originally posted by seiferxj9@gmail.com View Post
    Hey, Awesome Voice pack this is, I'm loving eden every moment but as i was customizing her i noticed she doesn't have a countdown, I'm playing Elite Dangerous and I want to replace the standard ship voice completely.
    I want eden to say something like 4...3....2...1 Engage. right before warping. is that possible for the future?
    To be honest, I am not sure...

To be on the safe side, I would say "No" though, because if i remember correctly, the journal only logs *when* you are in warp, and not when you are planning to hit warp. So its a bit hard to get her to say something 5 seconds before the event actually happens.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Gangrel is correct. The journal throws out a "jumping" event almost immediately the 4321 starts. But it's very inaccurate and would be impossible to match the timing with the 4321. It would be better to turn the sounds for that off, that's what I do. After 20,000 jumps trust me when I say it's better to turn it off
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
        Gangrel is correct. The journal throws out a "jumping" event almost immediately the 4321 starts. But it's very inaccurate and would be impossible to match the timing with the 4321. It would be better to turn the sounds for that off, that's what I do. After 20,000 jumps trust me when I say it's better to turn it off
        True but by using the sounds manually i can time the count down using sleep functions. i'll improvise though, no worries. I don't think i would get tired of the voice i like responsiveness, there's files where she's saying Warp 1 all the way to 10, I'll make short clips to make a countdown.
        Last edited by seiferxj9@gmail.com; 02-04-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Gangrel is correct. The journal throws out a "jumping" event almost immediately the 4321 starts. But it's very inaccurate and would be impossible to match the timing with the 4321. It would be better to turn the sounds for that off, that's what I do. After 20,000 jumps trust me when I say it's better to turn it off.
          When someone Tells me that something is impossible, I always set out to challenge that notion, Here's a video of me demonstrating the countdown being done with Eden perfectly. With proper Sleep Timers and cut sound clips using existing Sound files i was able to get it done.

Here's the Clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7181RruvHQ
          Last edited by seiferxj9@gmail.com; 02-06-2017, 04:07 AM.

Comment

ok you almost got me haha

it is possible to a degree, but what happens when your throttle isn't 100% or you aren't aligned with the destination? Timers won't help with that I'm afraid which is why we don't do it. The only way is the journal event but as I say, that's not accurate enough either

good try though and certainly works "most" of the time

Comment

ok you almost got me haha

it is possible to a degree, but what happens when your throttle isn't 100% or you aren't aligned with the destination? Timers won't help with that I'm afraid which is why we don't do it. The only way is the journal event but as I say, that's not accurate enough either

good try though and certainly works "most" of the time
              I will have to investigate those scenarios, i understand if those situations occur the voice would go ahead and countdown without the ship responding. and there's no way to auto correct the ship should you engage and forget to clear mass lock or not aligned with destination. But i would assume that the commander would always do that naturally before engaging.

the most common mistake would be they'd forgot to retract landing gear and they shout "boost" only to get a voice response but no ship input. they'd just put it up and dictate again.
              and i understand there are different timers for both warping and supercruse. i have commands for both depending on the situation.

nothing is perfect but that's to be expected when we are using a 3rd party program to do the job. mistakes will be made. but that voice setup was flawless and Eden counted with the countdown in perfect sync.
              there's no doubting that.

Comment

Oh agreed. We (as in the HCS guys) though have to take into consideration a very wide range of situations though.

We *almost* had "automatic request docking" whenever you entered the no fire zone of a station.

It was too unreliable so we pulled it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
                  It was too unreliable so we pulled it.
                  almost, I nicked the auto docking idea we had and stuck it into multi-crew haha

sailfexj9, what you did is great. We love people customising things cos we nick their ideas But we do investigate things like this and have a broader user base we have to consider before we can put something in the main packs. Imagine how many complaints we'd get if we put the countdown in and 'sometimes' it didn't work. Doing it for yourself though is great and luckily I'm able to use some of these slightly imperfect commands for multi-crew so I've added to my todo list for possible inclusion in that.

Comment

almost, I nicked the auto docking idea we had and stuck it into multi-crew haha

sailfexj9, what you did is great. We love people customising things cos we nick their ideas But we do investigate things like this and have a broader user base we have to consider before we can put something in the main packs. Imagine how many complaints we'd get if we put the countdown in and 'sometimes' it didn't work. Doing it for yourself though is great and luckily I'm able to use some of these slightly imperfect commands for multi-crew so I've added to my todo list for possible inclusion in that.
                    Dammit, I am still not going to run the multi-crew!

Comment

Working...
                    X