Questions about the different packs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the different packs.

Hello After watching people play with these and seeing your videos, along with videos from many others I would really like one of these packs. The problem is the descriptions for each are very limited. I understand that the each of them perform the same primary functions and the differences are mostly flavor, but there are a few items that aren't quite clear.

For example the new A.S.T.R.A pack states it includes the new "HCS Plug In", but doesn't explain what the HCS Plugin in is, or does? What features do I get from this plug in that seem to not be available in the other packs? Is the plugin available in the other packs? I've searched the forums and the internet for any mention of what the "New HCS Plugin" is and have found nothing. I may just not be looking in the correct place.

In ObsidianAnt's Orion video, he asks Orion what a Nebula is and then because you can't record William Shatner reading all of the internet, you have him pass it along to a text to speech engine. I think this is AMAZING. I love this feature a lot, but I'm not sure it's available in the other packs. And to circle around to my first question. If I purchase Orion do I get the new HCS Plugin? If I don't I may not mind because I don't even know what that plugin gets me in the fist place?

In addition in the Orion pack you have William Shatner talking about the Pleiades nebula. Again I think this is brilliant but will A.S.T.R.A do the same?

I found an older post with a similar question and the response back then was that all of the packs are the same except that the responses are different but this seems to have changed? Can you please provide more information about the differences in these packs?

Thank you,
    CMDR DAXXOS

Originally posted by Daxxos View Post
    For example the new A.S.T.R.A pack states it includes the new "HCS Plug In", but doesn't explain what the HCS Plugin in is, or does? What features do I get from this plug in that seem to not be available in the other packs? Is the plugin available in the other packs? I've searched the forums and the internet for any mention of what the "New HCS Plugin" is and have found nothing. I may just not be looking in the correct place.
    The plugin is a new feature which reads "events" that happen in elite. This way we can better control commands given and responses received. All packs will be getting the plugin over the next few weeks so don't feel that you have to purchase Astra or Eden.

In ObsidianAnt's Orion video, he asks Orion what a Nebula is and then because you can't record William Shatner reading all of the internet, you have him pass it along to a text to speech engine. I think this is AMAZING. I love this feature a lot, but I'm not sure it's available in the other packs. And to circle around to my first question. If I purchase Orion do I get the new HCS Plugin? If I don't I may not mind because I don't even know what that plugin gets me in the fist place?
    We don't use any form of TTS in any of the packs. You are correct that we can't get some of the actors to record as much as the GalaXapedia contains. Orion uses Verity for this. Orion is at the top of the list to get the plugin, but as I say, all the packs are getting it over the next week or so.

In addition in the Orion pack you have William Shatner talking about the Pleiades nebula. Again I think this is brilliant but will A.S.T.R.A do the same?
    Yes Astra has the nebula tour. She actually had it first and it's called the Horsehead nebula tour but we renamed it after that in other packs to the Orion nebula tour. They are the same though and Astra's will probably be renamed to match at some point.

I found an older post with a similar question and the response back then was that all of the packs are the same except that the responses are different but this seems to have changed? Can you please provide more information about the differences in these packs?
    The packs are a little different in regards to their content. All of them have the "base" sounds and profiles and then a few have some extras in. Astra has the most "content" so we call her our flagship pack. Have a look here for a little more info on what each pack contains: http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...nt-voice-packs

We tend to recommend Astra as your first pack but honestly they are all really good so just get the one you like
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

• Daxxos
      Daxxos commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. It looks like the plugin is your guy's version of EDDI. I purchased Orion and am loving it. I've had to tinker with it a bit to re-create features that are in other packs and include additional words that I find more intuitive for some actions. It's been really fun digging into this thing you guys have built. Looking forward to getting the plugin when it's available and tinkering with that too.
      Last edited by Daxxos; 02-11-2017, 03:38 AM.
Working...
X