Contemplating a second crew member.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemplating a second crew member.

So I've been using A.S.T.R.A. for a little while, the whole experience has massively revived my interest in Elite Dangerous, just recently got myself into a Python for the first time. I'm at a point now where I'm starting to think of adding a bit more personality to things, A.S.T.R.A. may have a ton of features, but she is fairly neutral personality wise.

So I know there is the multi-crew thing and I hear now and then about special team-up versions. I'm thinking of adding Eli because I find much of what I've seen/heard from him hilarious... the question is how well(or even badly ) does he work with A.S.T.R.A.? If there's not a lot of interaction between them are there other voice packs that A.S.T.R.A. interacts with more?

There is no "out the box" interactions between the various AI packs (as in random chatter between the two)
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
      There is no "out the box" interactions between the various AI packs (as in random chatter between the two)
      OK... so this just confuses things even more.

A: I'm pretty sure I've seen videos of AI packs interacting.

B: The term "out the box" implies that there is something, just not simply.

C: If they don't interact then... What's the reason to have multiple AIs?

Comment

Originally posted by ScytheKnight View Post

OK... so this just confuses things even more.

A: I'm pretty sure I've seen videos of AI packs interacting.
        All depends on the video. It could have been one where you ask for profile change between AI's, and then you have one give an order, and the order giving a response. But this still requires user side triggers for it to make sense. Chances are it was also scripted for the video. The profiles themselves (when you install the pack) has no knowledge of what other voice packs you might have available.

B: The term "out the box" implies that there is something, just not simply.
        Yes, as in "you have to make it yourself". If you want truly *dynamic* interactions, then that isn't possible at the moment.

C: If they don't interact then... What's the reason to have multiple AIs?
        Different style of responses and flavour. Some people prefer ASTRA's "consistency" whilst others like KSAI's/Eli's language. Others like the dulcet tones of Midnight, and the sound of wisdom that he gives, or the boisterousness of Vasco.

Also, with the Multi-Crew profile that comes with ASTRA, you can assign different AI's to different ship roles (if they support it. Not all AI's have the education/science role available for example)

So, that is why I was saying "not out of the box". Because the multi-crew is not the AI's reacting to each other, it is the AI's working alongside each other.

Side note: For some of the AI's that don't have the education base, they might well have the sound files/knowledge base of another AI instead (as a bonus as it were). This is *new* though, so being rolled out as a voice pack gets updated[1]

[1] Also, all depends if we can find a suitable "replacement" AI that would make sense with it. Personally speaking, the KSAI AI is a bit stupid (along with Leo/Cleo[2]), and although they might have the IQ of 6,000 PE teachers, they still get their knowledge from "The Junior Encyclopedia Of Space". It's the only one that has pictures.
        [2] All depends if you know much about the Red Dwarf TV series
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

*nods a bit* Thanks, definitely clears things up a bit... some banter would be nice.. buuut I think that's once again me being spoiled by the Baldur's Gate era of RPGs and the party banter in that.

But, getting back on topic... it does sound like I may at least be able to get Eli and use him for most of the ship, handing over the more mundane education/science roles to A.S.T.R.A. as I've little doubt Eli would just find such requests "boring and trivial".

Comment

Originally posted by ScytheKnight View Post
            *nods a bit* Thanks, definitely clears things up a bit... some banter would be nice.. buuut I think that's once again me being spoiled by the Baldur's Gate era of RPGs and the party banter in that.

But, getting back on topic... it does sound like I may at least be able to get Eli and use him for most of the ship, handing over the more mundane education/science roles to A.S.T.R.A. as I've little doubt Eli would just find such requests "boring and trivial".
            Keep in mind that there is a great Vega for educational purposes because he will **make it so**
            https://youtu.be/8HjhNhf6eCU

Comment

Multi-Crew uses Astra for any of the education/science roles that are not with that pack so you can use any of the packs with it and still get full functionality.
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Learn to say : "SHUT UP" alot.

Comment

education mode off
                  The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Well with the limitations of this version of Multi-Crew going to just run an Eli+Ship's Cat profile for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X