Praise for the HCS journal/plugins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for the HCS journal/plugins

This has been long overdue, but here it is.
    When the voice packs were updated with the journal/plugins function so the profile knows exactly what's going on inside of Elite Dangerous, I came up with a good idea.
    I use Opentrack with a Delanclip simulating TrackIR within Elite Dangerous. But of course when you land and you are going through the menus the head tracking is still active, and sometimes a complete pain when not in-flight.
    So I edited the commands DockingComplete and Undocked. And at the beginning I added two extra lines. One to toggle my head tracking, and one to re-centre the view.
    So now as soon as the ship touches down head tracking is disabled, and as soon as the ship leaves the pad etc, my head-tracking is re-enabled.
    Works amazingly well. No more reaching to disable the head-tracking when I don't need it.

So thank you HCS!
    I wanted a way to do this automatically, and you made it possible.

your welcome, we have actually added this feature into the new singularity profile
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Hi.
      Sorry for the delay.
      Interesting.
      Am I correct in assuming that the method in Singularity, kills the process of the head tracking software, and then re-loads it?
      I noticed it in the Configuration options in the profile, and wasn't entirely sure on how to set it up.
      Do you enter the path to the tracking software, and the process name?

Thanks
      Last edited by Bhillard; 11-15-2017, 08:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

it presses the F9 key which I believe is the default key for on/off

there is also precision mode which is default key F11 and start/stop tracking program which uses the path of the program to start it and the process name to stop it. That path and process can be altered in the ((Customisation)) cmd

if that is wrong in any way then please let us know

Comment

Yep that appears to be okay.
          Does this method start and stop tracking automatically when landed etc? Or should I continue with my customisation's to Docked and Undocked to centre and pause/resume automatically.

Thank you.

Comment

dock/undock is the only place it's controlled. I didn't add in a centre the view though. Is that something needed for everyone or is it just your preference? What if you are looking away when you undock?

Comment

Quite true concerning the looking away. It's just my preference to be honest. I have tracking centre assigned to a spare mouse button located next to my flight stick if I forget to look straight ahead I can't believe I missed your pause tracking method further down the Docked etc commands. I added mine to the top and didn't see yours!
              Last edited by Bhillard; 11-16-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

This is a great idea. I use Track IR. I couldn't get the centre to work so I have done this with a command in my personal profile

Comment

Working...
                X