No announcement yet.

Disabling Astra's lengthy loading screen speech in the new singularity profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Astra's lengthy loading screen speech in the new singularity profile

Hello. I'm trying to figure out how to disable Astra's lengthy loading screen speech where she starts rambling about 'unprecedented adventures' and 'luke skywalker' and 'han solo' and so on. Does anyone know how to do this?

I've tried searching for the audio file in the /sounds/hscpack/ folder but I can't seem to locate it. I'm searching for 'welcome', 'load', 'game', 'startup' since there's too many files to listen to them one by one. I've also tried looking at the profile categories in voice attack, but a lot of it is confusing and seems to be gameplay specific only.

My hopes were to replace the mp3 with the simple 'welcome back.mp3'.

I love the voice pack and got it the instance I first learned of it, and I'm really happy about the extremely fast update that was available following the release of 3.0! This is just a small issue that I'm trying to modify. Thank you in advance!

Keep up the great work.

EDIT: I also wasn't sure where to post this. The German voicepack forums have a dedicated feedback sub-forum... and the feedback sticky here seems to be more of a product user-review thread. A dedicated 3.0 release feedback thread would be good... unless I've missed an existing one.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 02-28-2018, 05:21 PM.

off the top of my head it's in a folder called ((RS - Welcome)) in your pack in "Elite profile sounds"...find that folder and change or delete the sounds as you want...any of those folders are customisable by you without having to edit commands
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Thank you! I guess I couldn't find them before because they didn't have any of my search keywords in the file name, heh.

I moved them to a new backup folder that I created and copy-pasted the 'welcome back.mp3' into the folder to replace them and renamed all three files to match the moved files.

For anyone else wondering who might find this thread: It's in /VoiceAttack/Sounds/hcspack/Elite Profile sounds/Profile/((RS - Welcome Captain))/Verbose/ and /VoiceAttack/Sounds/hcspack/Elite Profile sounds/Profile/((RS - Welcome Commander))/Verbose/

So, a total of 6 files in two folders where there will be 3 files named 'You're embarking fact.mp3', 'You're embarking star trek.mp3' and 'You're embarking Star Wars.mp3'.

I love the voice pack but this was my only small nitpick... Astra is usually quite professional and concise but started talking away for a little too long there.

Comment

Just to clarify (I've been poking around with this myself.) You didn't need to replace the deleted files, and when it comes to "Welcome captain / welcome commander" you'd only need to change the one relevant to what Astra is set to call you (Changeable in customization.)

From what I can tell, if Astra is set to verbose mode (Allowing her to use her longer audio files basically) when it comes time to run audio, it will check in the verbose folder first, if there's nothing there it will then check the Non-verbose (And I'm assuming if both fail it'll go for other, but not sure about that.) The scripts don't actually see what files are in the folders or run them by name or anything, they just tell it to run a random audio file from the folder it deems most appropriate based on your settings.

Comment

As far as I can tell, that "You're embarking" thing only comes up the first time either Elite or that Astra profile is run, at least I haven't heard it since updating.

Comment

Interesting to know. She actually said those lines every time I loaded up the game. It was only a minor issue but still something I wanted to adjust.

Comment

very good deduction there JDoyle64 The other folder is actually for the profane mode. If no sounds are found once it hits non-verbose then nothing is played. That is also how commands can work between packs even when they don't have a sound for that part, the organise a crew in particular utilises this feature. When the actors come back in to record the sounds for that cmd we just drop them in the folder and they'll play.

Yes the welcome only every plays once after VA has started...if you restart VA then it would play again. It was actually designed like this so as not to be annoying when "board hopping"
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
              X