Carina voiced by Marina Sirtis now available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carina voiced by Marina Sirtis now available

We're proud to announce the release of our latest voicepack: Carina voiced by Marina Sirtis.

https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/collec...-marina-sirtis
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Hi! Carina is now on board!
    ... it's so dark around me!
    Thx to my crew: ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA, MIDNIGHT and EDEN...
    ...and someone brought this fr***** bird on the ship .
    CECIL? It's time for a drink now...

Comment

How soon can i expect to see a download update for my pre-order?

Comment

Originally posted by Sixgunner View Post
        How soon can i expect to see a download update for my pre-order?
        The emails have already gone out, but you can use your existing download link to download the pack.
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I am confused… just downloaded and installed Carina Voice Pack. After not being able to include her in the crew roster (I am sure to solve this one) I startet to listen to the single sound files. What I heared got me puzzled: The voice is robot like. Not nearly the advertised
          "Get ready for the "Most pleasant cockpit voice assistant!"or the known voice from Star Trek we all got in love with back in the days and even today.

I am sure this has to be a fault in my setup, right? You didn't put a robot filter on Marina Sirtis' real voice, did you? Is this a fault with Star Citizen's horizon profile? If not and this is really what you had in mind, I strongly recommend that you overthink your decision and provide a version without the filters. I cannot stress this enough: As a real fan of this actress and also her voice I would not want anything robotic/mechanical … just the pure thing!

So PLEASE, either help me fix the issue if it is on my end or provide a version without any filters on her voice. THANKS many times in advance!!!
          Last edited by cougar2010; 08-01-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Can you provide an example of *whicht* sound file sounds robotic to you please, just so I can compare myself.

There is some filter applied (as with all voice packs) but nothing to change it to a robotic effect.

Admittedly, the complaint that we have had at the moment for her is her volume level, which are aware of, and plan to fix.

Comment

For example all in \VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-CARINA\Acknowledgements\ - to be true is seems the same in all folders. It is truely an "artificial" voice in opposite to e.g. the voice of Eden, which is very pure. Kate also has this impact of echo and a bit of mechanic voice but far less than Carina. I expected the recording as with Edens voice pack when buying Carina. Like it is now it is really disappointing

Comment

Noted when you compare Eden to Carina... personal taste can also come into play here as well.

In terms of Kate to Carina... are you saying that Kate has *LESS* of an echo than Carina?

Comment

Kate has more of an echo. It seems, she is further away from the micro than Carina or in a more open space compared to Carina. Carina is nearer. The reason I compared both was that both have some of that artificial, mechanical vibe in their voice. Eden in comparison has a natural voice as a "human". A good example is this file: \VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-EDEN\Configuration Commands\Confirming exit point telemetry standby.mp3 (and the one from Carina compared against it).

Comment

When I hear both (Eden and Carina) compared against each other I think of Eden as a "crew member" and of Carina as "the computer", and that makes me sad as I wanted a new crew member for Orion (which also has no mechanical vibe to his voice).

Comment

Noted, will look into this with the main guys to see as to *exactly* what is planned. I know that we do plan some changes to the sound files (it would be a full redownload of the pack unfortunately), but as to when it will be *unknown*

Comment

To be honest: For a version of Carina without artificial filters, just with the pure voice of Marina Sirtis in a style as you did with Eden, I would re-download the whole pack 5 times if necessary. And I say this while having a small 16 MBit/s line. :-) Thank you very much for passing this on. It means a lot to me!

Comment

Personally Carina is just fine for me, Her voice is in line with her maturity, Marina is no longer a 20 year old and Eden sounds much younger too .

If youre looking king for a Robotic voice pack, I can strongly recommend Doris, or if you’re looking for a echo type voice, very feminine and sultry Celeste presses my buttons beautifully.

Comment

since it is one month later, is there any news on removing the robotic filters?

Comment

could you give us any update?

Comment

Working...
                              X