• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so redone everything from scratch.

I created a NEW profile. "called it Multi-Crew Profile."

Imported the multi-crew .vap

All good to go..
    Last edited by amcm6xzy; 02-16-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Don't create a profile and then import multicrew just import the profile directly as u did with astra or any of the other packs. What you are doing will break it still as you will not get the correct commands run on load. There are 2 ways to import profiles. There is the import profile which you do from the main va window and then there is the import profile into an existing profile which is the bottom left button when you edit a profile. You need to be doing the first one and not importing into an existing
      Last edited by TheThingIs; 02-16-2017, 06:18 PM.
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post

You installed ASTRA to a different directory. This is a limitation of how the profiles are made, because the only variable for the path that we can gather automatically is the {VA_Sounds} one, which is where the sounds directory is set. ASTRA is set for hcspack, and not hcspack-ASTRA.
        ok, so this may be why i'm having the same issues with the Sound initialization timeout: error.

My current setup is:
        c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds\hcs packs\hcspack
        c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds\hcs packs\hcspack-alix
        c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds\hcs packs\hcspack-Eden

I had expectred that the {VA_Sounds} command would still work with this setup, but from what i understand, the files must all be in the root sounds directory, not a sub-directory of sounds. So it should be setup as;
        c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds\hcspack
        c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds\hcspack-alix
        c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds\hcspack-Eden

Is that correct?

Clarification here would be most helpful.
        Thanks!

Comment

If you have the sounds directory in Voice Attack settings set to "c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds" (it might be listed as just \VoiceAttack\Sounds) then yes the first listing is incorrect.

side note: This is *not* a new change for us.... this has been early to mid 2015 (when the variable was introduced)
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
            If you have the sounds directory in Voice Attack settings set to "c:\program files(x86)\voiceattack\sounds" (it might be listed as just \VoiceAttack\Sounds) then yes the first listing is incorrect.

side note: This is *not* a new change for us.... this has been early to mid 2015 (when the variable was introduced)
            i misunderstood how the variable worked, and was trying to better manage the sounds folder, over the years, i've gotten a LOT of voices and wanted to try to better arrange my sounds folder, (sub folder for hcs voices, sub folder for non-hcs voices, sub folder for game music packs etc.) ...made it a little easier on the eyes.

I have been wondering if i could setup a variable to set the directory path from within a profile, but it looks like a full re-install is in the near future.

Comment

The only other way in which you can do that, is by doing a search and replace on the vaps themselves before you import them, to change the path for the files from

[VA_Sounds]\hcspack-VENUS

to

[VA_Sounds]\hcsvoicepacks\hcspack-VENUS (for the Venus related profiles for example.

You would have to do this for *each* and *every* profile that you want to import, and also you have to do it again when the profile gets updated as well.
              1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
              2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
              3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
              4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
              WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
              X