How weird is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How weird is this?

I joined this site, about a week ago after purchasing my first voicepack. After a bit of struggling, due to my noob attempt at installing, I posted my concerns. Instead of polluting the forum with a new thread, I decided to post in a thread expressing similar concerns to my own. The OP and I exchanged a few posts as a result and had a pleasant, albeit brief chat.

Now, fast forward a few days. I decide to start a thread on the Oculus forum in the section designated for Quill, a programme designed for the Touch. It's basically a creative programme that enables you to create 3D images, using an ink-like medium to draw with. Anyway, now to the weird part.

The thread I started received its first reply from the same person I first encountered here and mention above. By a complete fluke, he just happened to be viewing the Oculus forum and since I have the same username, he realised it was me. Oddly, the topic of my thread was about an pre-made image in Quill, called World in Worlds. So, in essence, it was about a small world. It's a small world, indeed.

The bizarre thing is, it's not the strangest thing that's ever happened to me on the internet. Still, it's made the top ten list. lol

Feel free to share your odd experience, if you have any to share. Have you had a similar experience? I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.
    Last edited by Duncan Disorderly; 02-22-2017, 04:49 AM. Reason: typo
    “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Destiny
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

TheThingIs experienced a lot of weird stuff after he replied to my message for the first time several weeks ago regarding some bugs I reported. After that he experiences text walls of deaths and other weird reports on a regular basis

Comment

• TheThingIs
        TheThingIs commented
        Editing a comment
        no comment

• mIRCon
        mIRCon commented
        Editing a comment
        Hehehe, being 'politically correct'

LOL...the truth Duncan is....I'm stalking you! You're mine now!!

Well, we are both Rift users so our presence on the Oculus forum is probably to be expected. We both have an interest in what is currently probably the very best VR game experience....'Elite Dangerous'....and due to the visual limitations in interacting in the real world (of VR) we are both trying to alleviate that problem as much as possible through the use of voice recognition (VR again for short....but now it's really getting creepy!)......I now realise I'm somehow attempting to defend myself!!

The World in Worlds bit is a little weird I admit

....anyhow....with a username like your's you do tend to stick out a bit!

Nice to see you again.

Comment

Thats Classified information!

Comment

This is actually quite common, as people on certain forums tend to have generally similar interests, so the likelyhood you'll meet on another forum isn't so low. Still feels odd though.

Comment

Working...
          X