Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky profile vs Elite Singularity...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Man's Sky profile vs Elite Singularity...

Hello,
    Received the email RE: NMS preorders. How will this work if we also have the same voice packs for Elite? I know I have to buy the NMS pack, but how will this co-exist with Elite Singularity where we have ASTRA for both games (for example)? Does it install NMS-specific sound files into the existing Elite Singularity folder for that AI, or is it its own standalone folder in the VA "Sounds" directory? Or are we just paying for the .VAP profile to "unlock" the AI for NMS?

Mostly asking out of concern for disk space and download bandwidth speed / limitations.

The NMS packs will have their own set of sounds installed into a hcspacks folder...ie into hcspack-ALIX etc
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

TheThingIs -- I bought ASTRA, Archer, Carina, Cleo, and Kate for NMS. After install I noticed only ASTRA and Archer had an "NMS" folder inside their Sounds directory (though the others clearly had folders modified by the install). I'm assuming that's how it's supposed to be but wanted to check just in case my AV interfered with the downloads.

Lastly, since I also have those same voices for Elite Dangerous, how will future updates work? Will voice pack updates for Elite leave the NMS files alone (and vice versa), or would I have to uninstall both the Elite and NMS packs each time there's an update for either game version and then reinstall the most recent version of each?

Comment

Working...
      X