Astra & Sidewinder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra & Sidewinder

Great music channel! I have set up VA & Astra to play the radio stream at my command using VLC.
    When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you

Very cool ill need to set that up sometime :-D love the Radio myself liston to it , to and from work in my car :-D got to love unlimited mobile internet :-D

Comment

Are you using Voidflake's HCS Radio Pack commands? Or did you make your own?

Comment

im using Voidflake's one , its great !

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrefly View Post
          I rolled my own, but that is because I had voice control already setup for my media player
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrefly View Post
            Can't get voidflakes Radio Pack to work on my system yet so mine is own rolled too. I tend to be quite picky abut what style of music I want whilst playing the game so just one or two channels for me is just fine.
            When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you

Comment

Just seen this post, and have to mention I have been messing about getting Radio to work myself. Tips and tricks please throw them in my direction.

I done the following and works, but I am sure you guys have done better.

1. Downloaded TapinRadio(free) at http://www.raimersoft.com/tapinradio.aspx

2. Used 'Run Application' command in Voice Attack.

3. Terminate with 'Close' command in Voice Attack.

Just make sure TapinRadio App has in 'Preferences' AutoMatically Start Playback *Enabled*

End.
              Last edited by Jay_ombie; 12-07-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Only issue I seem to have is that when I initiate the Radio app in Elite, windows then switches tasks to the Radio app placing Elite in the task bar....
                Last edited by Jay_ombie; 12-07-2015, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_ombie View Post
                  Only issue I seem to have is that when I initiate the Radio app in Elite, windows then switches tasks to the Radio app placing Elite in the task bar....
                  Open the app first and then use media keys/playlists to open up/play music files.

This is not a "Voice Attack" problem specifically, but more of an issue with how windows deals with apps opening when others are already open/in focus.

You might be able to get around it if you run Elite Dangerous in "full screen borderless" mode. Whilst you might still get the app jumping up in the middle of the screen, at least it isn't force minimzing Elite.

Comment

Thanks Gangrel,
                    Maybe if I can find an app that will load directly into task bar instead, would that avoid the task switching ?

Comment

Yes that can do it... although if you are only listening to one stream, you can just open your media player/playlist before you load up Elite and then just use media keys as shortcuts (for next/previous/stop/pause/volume up/volume down). And as most media players accept global hotkeys, they won't even be brought to the front.

However, if you need any form of input (ie typing in a name/phrase) then as it stands right now, VA will bring that to the front.

For me, I just keep my media player open and then just hit next track/previous track as needed. The media player stays hidden away with no worries.

Comment

Once you get your radio app working I found the best place to import it is into the profile switch .vap

That way if you add other packs you dont have to worry about setting it all up again.

Last edited by Cmd Chemtrail; 05-04-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X