Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some clarification on SC voice packs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some clarification on SC voice packs.

1. Is Astra required for the most comprehensive information, or are all packs capable of this? (I prefer a more sarcastic AI, than Astra, is this going to be a issue?)

2. Subscribing for current updates seems to only apply to ED, is there a way to get only SC updates?

3. Are voice packs interchangeable between both SC and ED, or are they separate entities? (Meaning no matter what pack I buy, they include versions for both games?)

4. I presume gift cards are for SC also and not limited to ED. Is this correct?

5. What version of SC is currently supported? (2.5? Or something else?)

Thanks.

1) ASTRA is our "flagship" Voice Pack. It is the one that we try to roll new features out to first of all. It has the knowledge base (Galaxapedia/Constellations for example) and more Elite Dangerous features

2) Updates will be whenever one of the packs needs it (for either game at the moment). We will (have to) come up with a better notification method so that people can more easily tell if it is a SC or ED update. At the moment though, expect the SC updates to only get rolled out when there is an ED pack update.

3) Interchangable. Both versions come with the full set of profiles for both games (Although Elite Dangerous has .binds files available to easily import preset control schemes)

4) Correct

5) 2.4 legacy control scheme currently.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
      1) ASTRA is our "flagship" Voice Pack. It is the one that we try to roll new features out to first of all. It has the knowledge base (Galaxapedia/Constellations for example) and more Elite Dangerous features
      Wow, I wish I had read this before I bought Verity this morning. Astra doesn't even show up when you filter for Star Citizen on your site...

Comment

Hard to believe that was over a year ago....

Comment

Hey folks. I apologize - I simply ain't the brightest cat on the planet but here's the thing: Been using Verity with ED for a few months now (and completely loving it) and a buddy just got me back into SC this past week, but the only profile I have coming up in my VA list is Elite: Verity Full House. Scoured the sight a bit, but I can't seem to figure out where I am to dl the SC version (without having to pay for it again)
          If someone could enlighten me on what I'm missing that'd be great lol.

Comment

...and I figured it out. Anyone else reading this with the same question: open Voice Attack and import the profile. Was this in a readme somewhere? If so, I totally missed it...

Comment

if they have a SC profile then it will be in the profiles folder in the pack

of course it's in the setup instructions, it's kind of a key step
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

There really needs to be more information for us Star Citizen types.

I am glad I poked through year old forums to find that A.S.T.R.A. was your "Flagship" that will get SC update support first.

This is pretty important info as SC is going to quarterly updates with a3.0 officially out.

I wish it was easier to see which one contains the most phrases. The most update support....or what level of support it's at.

For those reading, I just installed ASTRA 2017/12/29, and it's at SC a2.6 support.

I'll pick up another voice pack later, but going to see how updates roll out before recommending.
                Last edited by lain_legoli; 12-29-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

all packs now get updated with exactly the same frequency so Astra will not get things before others do.

SC has just released 3.0 so we will be working on updates for it after the hols. It will likely be done the same way we have for Elite and you will get a Singularity profile.
                  The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Thanks much and have a happy holidays.

Just to be clear, I don't fully know what you mean by Singularity profile.

Honestly, your forum signature provides the most information, but it's easy enough to understand that you can now update all voice packs in one top level change.
                    I don't regret buying ASTRA anyways, she never gets on my nerves. I think Shatner eventually would have though. Now give me Morgan Freeman.

Have a happy new years eve!

Comment

After digging around in the E: D Beta profile I believe Singularity is HCS's response to creating a multiple personality response for people with multiple voice packs. Currently it's not been adapted for SC.

Comment

Working...
                      X