X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Key binds

Hi All,

I'm looking into updating my key binds.

I'm currently trying to get my head around exactly how it works, so I don't end up making a huge mess.

If anyone could be kind enough to check over what I think is happening below and most likely correcting me where I'm wrong, I'd appreciate it greatly.

I'm using the change camera command as a learning base to as it seemed a relatively easy start.

In "Ship Controls - Vanity Camera" we have the following commands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Commands.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	24986

This is what I believe each line does,

Line 1) Is the opening "Tag" (for lack of a better word) of the command, and tells the system a command is running.
    Line 2) Does this set the current voice pack to operations as this would be a command operated by an operations officer?
    Line 3) Sets the key press time to 0.03 seconds?
    Line 4) Runs the command called Camera in the appropriate random sounds section.
    Line 5 )Runs the command called Cycle Camera in the appropriate key binds section.

Line 6) Is the closing "tag" of the command and tells the system the command had concluded.

Its the actual sound triggers and key binds that starts to really trip me up.

Name:	Voice dissabled.PNG
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	24987

I assume any command with "(voice disabled)" in the name, as above is because this is only called by other commands, never directly by voice?

Name:	Sounds.PNG
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	24988

If anyone would be kind enough to explain exactly how the above sound playback works it would be much appreciated. I'm lost here tbh.

And finally.

Name:	Key binds.PNG
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	24989

Am I correct in thinking anything marked "DISABLED" is no longer required. And if I wanted to change the keybind I would simple have to replace F4 on the bottom line with the appropriate new binding?

I realise I've asked a lot here, so any advice would be very helpful. I'm hoping to fix some binds, and possibly add some more if possible. If I get anywhere I'd be more than happy to share.

Thanks for the help

Attached Files

in the EH profile, all keybinds are stored in the command called ((Import Binds)) so you don't need to edit anything else
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Thanks, I see most of them are indeed there.

However I've found a few that are elsewhere, toggle camera as above and toggle lights seem to be in their own commands.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X