What is a White Dwarf? Not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a White Dwarf? Not working

As the title says, in the Kate VP I ask "What is a white dwarf?" and I get an error message saying "Error accessing sound file" it then gives me the address of the sound file (C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-KATE\Galaxapedia). So I reinstalled Kate and got the same result. I've gone into the sound files stored in the pack at the VA address, tested the White dwarf.wav file in media player and it runs fine.

Is there anyway to remedy this? I've reinstalled VA and reinstalled Kate but get the exact same result. The file is where it should be and runs fine it's just it won't work via VA.

It works without a problem with my Kate Full House profile.

The command name is:
    what is a white dwarf; what are white dwarves
    and file location is:
    {VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-kate\galaXapedia\white dwarf.wav
    which translated to real path is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-kate\galaXapedia\white dwarf.wav

Is that the only error you get in that profile?
    What is your profile version number when you start VA? When did you download Kate last time?

Comment

Originally posted by mIRCon View Post
      It works without a problem with my Kate Full House profile.

The command name is:
      what is a white dwarf; what are white dwarves
      and file location is:
      {VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-kate\galaXapedia\white dwarf.wav
      which translated to real path is:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-kate\galaXapedia\white dwarf.wav

Is that the only error you get in that profile?
      What is your profile version number when you start VA? When did you download Kate last time?
      Both of those commands results in the same message "08:57:51 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Sounds/hcspack-KATE/Galaxapedia/White%20swarf.wav"

That is the only error I get in the Kate profile.

My profile version number is 2.6

I downloaded Kate (for the first time) on the 24th of April this year.

Comment

If I rename my white dwarf.wav file I get this error:
        12:42:57 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Sounds/hcspack-kate/galaXapedia/white%20dwarf.wav

and your error is different:
        08:57:51 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Sounds/hcspack-KATE/Galaxapedia/White%20swarf.wav

notice that "white swarf.wav" in your profile instead of "white dwarf.wav" but nevertheless, right now I realized how dumb I am.. this is Star Citizen subforum and not Elite Dangerous. I'm playing Elite Dangerous only so I totally forgot about Star Citizen profile

Still the issue remains.

Just use edit button, find mentioned command (what is a white dwarf; what are white dwarves) , double click Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-KATE\Galaxapedia\White swarf.wav'
        and then change problematic "s" into "d" so it will be Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-KATE\Galaxapedia\White dwarf.wav'

That'll fix it..

Comment

Originally posted by mIRCon View Post
          If I rename my white dwarf.wav file I get this error:
          12:42:57 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Sounds/hcspack-kate/galaXapedia/white%20dwarf.wav

and your error is different:
          08:57:51 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Sounds/hcspack-KATE/Galaxapedia/White%20swarf.wav

notice that "white swarf.wav" in your profile instead of "white dwarf.wav" but nevertheless, right now I realized how dumb I am.. this is Star Citizen subforum and not Elite Dangerous. I'm playing Elite Dangerous only so I totally forgot about Star Citizen profile

Still the issue remains.

Just use edit button, find mentioned command (what is a white dwarf; what are white dwarves) , double click Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-KATE\Galaxapedia\White swarf.wav'
          and then change problematic "s" into "d" so it will be Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-KATE\Galaxapedia\White dwarf.wav'

That'll fix it..
          Thanks that solved the problem. I edited the command in the profile, it seems they have a typo in the address and instead of targeting white dwarf.wav it targets white swarf.wav. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X