Alix Error Code 228

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alix Error Code 228

Hey guys! I'm new here, and it's the first time i have the need to come here asking for help! Hope you guys can.

I'm receiving this error since yesterday, no big updates. I have my voice attack profile in the folder mentioned in the image, and that's it. I didn't want to uninstall / reinstall everything because i have my personal commands saved and i don't want to lose them accidentally. Are there any solutions? Voice Attack is still working after i get this message, it's just weird.

Quick solution: reinstall the voicepack. You shouldn't have to reimport the profile for this.

As an aside: When profile updates do arrive, you will have to replace the existing profile anyway, so I would recommend following this guide for how to do custom commands nicely so that they don't get lost with pack updates
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Not just Alix, but now I get an error code for all of my voicepacks. They were working previously. Also, the error box with "cannot find voiceattack paths" presented.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gremlich; 08-19-2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Okay, maybe this will help.

Voice Attack released 1.7.2. Taking a chance, I uninstalled my current VA install and installed 1.7.2. THEN, I reinstalled an HCS voicepack, then I launched Voice Attack, imported the event horizon beta profile then it recognized the HCS voicepack I had JUST installed. (all the while using "Run as Administrator") This also allowed me to install Alix finally.

This is tedious, mates. I really shouldn't have to reinstall everything time and time again like this. When Voice Attack releases a new load, you guys should let us know there will be problems or that you've found a fix.

BLUF: If you get an error code, chances are that Voice Attack has released an update. Therefore, uninstall VA, download and install (Run as Administrator for any install!!) the new "new" program, then re-install ALL of your HCS voicepacks. Then import one event horizon profile.

BTW, uninstalling my existing VA, reinstalling the same version, and then launching it again did nothing for loading the voicepacks in to event horizon. I had to totally uninstall VA, install the new, had to reinstall all my voicepacks.
        Last edited by Gremlich; 08-20-2018, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlich View Post
          Okay, maybe this will help.

Voice Attack released 1.7.2. Taking a chance, I uninstalled my current VA install and installed 1.7.2. THEN, I reinstalled an HCS voicepack, then I launched Voice Attack, imported the event horizon beta profile then it recognized the HCS voicepack I had JUST installed. (all the while using "Run as Administrator") This also allowed me to install Alix finally.
          Voice attack 1.7.2 was released over 5 weeks ago. We didn't notice any issues when we were testing the beta of it (especially when it comes to just normal usage). Also, you should never have to install/run voice attack or the voice packs as "admin" (ie the "run as admin" option).

Trust me,

This is tedious, mates. I really shouldn't have to reinstall everything time and time again like this. When Voice Attack releases a new load, you guys should let us know there will be problems or that you've found a fix.

BLUF: If you get an error code, chances are that Voice Attack has released an update. Therefore, uninstall VA, download and install (Run as Administrator for any install!!) the new "new" program, then re-install ALL of your HCS voicepacks. Then import one event horizon profile.
          Actually, "running as admin" for the install is NOT recommended. We don't have anything that requires "admin access". The most common link that I have found for the error code, is that someone has ran an maintence program recently, and it took out the registry keys that we use.

Comment

Sorry if I sounded snippy, no call for it really. I just noticed the new version. And when I downloaded unpacked and then tried to install Alix, the error box stated that the VA paths couldn't be found. How might that be explained? I have my maint programs informed to leave things alone. Also, if I install an new version in the future of VA, it should "find" the previously installed voicepacks with no issue?

edit minutes later: Found out you are correct, the cleaner I have killed the capability. I'll deal with it. thanks for the clarity
            Last edited by Gremlich; 08-20-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlich View Post
              Sorry if I sounded snippy, no call for it really. I just noticed the new version. And when I downloaded unpacked and then tried to install Alix, the error box stated that the VA paths couldn't be found. How might that be explained?
              Ok, this part *did* require the Voice Attack update, but that is because instead of you having to choose the "correct" location for where the voicepacks went to, instead, we read the location directly from the Voice Attack registry values. This feature was only introduced in the 1.7.2 patch, so we took advantage of it.

I have my maint programs informed to leave things alone. Also, if I install an new version in the future of VA, it should "find" the previously installed voicepacks with no issue?

edit minutes later: Found out you are correct, the cleaner I have killed the capability. I'll deal with it. thanks for the clarity
              I cannot see the installer not being able to find the location of where it should be installed unless you did a "new" clean install of voiceattack without then running it before you installed the voice pack (and even then, that is only for the steam version of voice attack if I remember correctly, due to how it "installs" (as in, no registry value gets set *until* you have ran it at least once) )

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
                I cannot see the installer not being able to find the location of where it should be installed unless you did a "new" clean install of voiceattack without then running it before you installed the voice pack
                I installed VA 1.7.2, then ran it to see if it would indeed run. It did. Then I imported one of the SC event horizon.vap (beta) files. When it initialized, it could not find any of the previously installed voice packs. I did not change any of the default install paths.

Then I closed it and commenced to reinstall the voice packs (doing 8 is tedious). started VA up again after finishing, and voila, all voicepacks were recognized and one voice was selected (and was also told the ship was rife with vermin because I didn't have the ship's cat (heh)).

Closed VA, and reopened it and then assigned crewmen to positions, then did a rolecall for confirmation. closed VA and reopened it. whee.

Comment

IF you think 8 is tedious, try 27 with a normal hard drive (no SSD)

Comment

Working...
                  X