ASTRA not responding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASTRA not responding

So I recently updated VoiceAttack with the new HCS tools, and I'm trying to run ASTRA, but it can't respond because it's looking for wav files, but all the audio files in the Sounds folder are all in mp3 format.

Did I miss an important step somewhere during installation?

Voice Attack options: Audio tab:
    Audio Output Type -> set to "Integrated components"
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Yeaah, I've seen this suggested as a fix in other threads, and I tried it, but that didn't work. This is the error I'm getting:

" - Error initializing sound - 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Power Management\Powering engines.wav' : Audio stream did not load in a timely manner."

When I navigate to that folder, there is a Powering engines.mp3 file.
      Is that there was maybe an update to the ASTRA voice pack that changed all the mp3 files to wav files? If not, do I now have to convert all these mp3 files to wav files?

Comment

Mine are mp3 files

I'd go to C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Engineers\Felicit y Farseer or any of the sound file directories and try to test playing them outside VA

Comment

The files play just fine, but they're in mp3 format, and VA is looking for files in wav format, which don't exist.
          That's why I'm wondering if I don't have the correct VA version, or voice pack version.

Comment

I'm using 1.7.6 VA - working fine.

Comment

You are running a very old version of the profile there, as in over 2 years old (when we swapped from wav to mp3 format)

Comment

OK, how do I fix it?

When you say 'profile', what do you mean exactly?
                I installed the latest version of Voice Attack, and the latest HCS tools.
                Did I miss something?

Comment

check your list of profiles in VA, you should see one called "Singularity", that is the profile you should be using and works for all voicepacks
                  The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I'm afraid Singularity doesn't work for me. This is what I get whenever I try to use it...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	VA,jpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	28131

The only profile that 'kinda' works is 'Event Horizon(beta)'.

EDIT!

So I uninstalled VA, deleted the folder, and all registry entries, and decided to install the latest VA v1.7.7, and the the latest HCS Tools (which strangely is only 24 MB), and now when I launch VA I'm getting this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	VA,jpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	28132

I'm at my wits end here.
                    What is it that I'm missing?
                    Last edited by Arcmanov; 07-21-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

You just needed to have selected the Event HOrizon profile (for Star Citizen), if you had ran the ASTRA voice pack installer.

Comment

my apologies, didn't notice this was the SC sections, as Gangrel says, it is the Event Horizon profile for SC

Comment

Ok, is it correct that it should still be the one marked 'Event Horizon(beta)'?
                          That one seems to be working.

Comment

yep, it's labelled beta to remind you guys that they keep changing the game so things may not work properly

Comment

Working...
                            X