stereo sound packs please as mono only uses center speaker on 5.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo sound packs please as mono only uses center speaker on 5.1

could you possibly encode the sound packs in stereo, I came across a problem while streaming on my system, the stream cannot hear the sound packs but can hear the text to speech, the reason for this is the sound packs are in mono and on my 5.1 surround sound pc mono is only output on the centre speaker, while transmitting 5.1 down the hdmi to the elgato hd60pro card, the card can only work in stereo so ignors the centre speaker, therefore no sound from the voice pack.

Now I can get around this by using voicemeeter banana and setting the audio to down mix to stereo combining all channels, I'm looking for alternates at the moment including sending the audio via voip, but if the voice packs were encoded in stereo it would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Danielle

Will look into it; should be noted that Twitch/mixer (and even youtube) only output as stereo themselves (as far as my research tells me).

I am surprised that the Elgato decided to just use the left and right channel of whatever it is capturing and not actually downmixing the capture (so not only does it not capture the centre speaker, it also ignores the back 2 speakers and LFE channel as well). I was looking at getting one of these, thanks for pointing out the shortfall of using this particular model...
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Hi Auntystatic , hi Gangrel ,just read the post and a few questions and ideas appears to me:

1) the HCS soundfiles are mp3. Is it poss to convert (encode/decode) them to mp3-suroundsound files?
      2) if it is poss, can/could you/we encode/decode them that it sounds like that "the crew is on different desk in the ship/on the bridge?
      Means (exampl): Number one - Orion (Center speaker), Tactical - Vasco (right speaker), Helm - Astra (left speaker); Engineering - Eli (back left speaker), Operations - Dark (back right speaker)

Would be brill...

Found some information about winamp and on "iis.fraunhofer.de/en.html" but haven't a clue how too...
      ... it's so dark around me!
      Thx to my crew: ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA, MIDNIGHT, EDEN, CLEO and VASCO...
      ...and someone brought this fr***** bird on the ship http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/core/...ilies/wink.png.
      CECIL? It's time for a drink now...

Comment

Originally posted by RoundAbout View Post
        Hi Auntystatic , hi Gangrel ,just read the post and a few questions and ideas appears to me:

1) the HCS soundfiles are mp3. Is it poss to convert (encode/decode) them to mp3-suroundsound files?
        2) if it is poss, can/could you/we encode/decode them that it sounds like that "the crew is on different desk in the ship/on the bridge?
        Means (exampl): Number one - Orion (Center speaker), Tactical - Vasco (right speaker), Helm - Astra (left speaker); Engineering - Eli (back left speaker), Operations - Dark (back right speaker)

Would be brill...

Found some information about winamp and on "iis.fraunhofer.de/en.html" but haven't a clue how too...
        Well, it *is* possible to do it, but there is a caveat to hold here: We would have to then re-encode each file multiple times so that each voice was in each role/sound channel independently.

So, yeah...
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Hi Gangrel, you are right. One version wouldnt be enough cause you cant swap stations anymore - sound wise.
          Looked deeper and it seems a lot of work. Guess only poss in a kind of batch processing. But still like it to get the sound more alive...
          Thx for reply..
          ... it's so dark around me!
          Thx to my crew: ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA, MIDNIGHT, EDEN, CLEO and VASCO...
          ...and someone brought this fr***** bird on the ship http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/core/...ilies/wink.png.
          CECIL? It's time for a drink now...

Comment

Working...
          X