Side by Side comparison of voicepacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side by Side comparison of voicepacks

Just found out that Astra doesnt have all the features, despite having the biggest blurb on the store page.
    Bit disappointing.

Could we not have a side-by-side comparison of all the voice packs with ticks against the features they do have?
    You could even put "coming Q2" or something for features that are close to release (eg. "Stars and Planets" for Astra)

http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...nt-voice-packs

Comment

Astra does have all the features and the most sounds in any of the packs....this one new feature of stars and planets is in production so it will be added for free in an update very soon
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
        Astra does have all the features and the most sounds in any of the packs....this one new feature of stars and planets is in production so it will be added for free in an update very soon
        Forgive me, but Im not sure this is true (imho)

Firsly, Astra does not contain all the features.
        One thing that is completely missing is the "verbose" responses. Some of the voice packs have conversational style and "human-esque" responses, while Astra doesnt have these at all.
        And if you try to switch them on, you cannot. Going into the "Customise my settings..." panel and setting them to be always on makes no difference, and looking at the audio folders it clear to see why - they simply arent there.

Secondly, lets looks at the blurb on Astra's store page right now. Amongst others, it says ".....+ Stephen Hawking Quotes"
        Thats not there either.

However - none of this would be a problem... if customers know this before buying.

But I believe its the opposite that is happening. That new customers are becoming told that features exist, or videos portray one voice pack as being representative of all of them, when in my experience that hasnt been the case.
        One example of this is you have said that this Astra update will be coming "very soon", but if we look at the "Current Voice Packs" forum link that Touille posted above, this was last edited in December last year... and also says "coming soon".

I consider it a bit misleading to advertise and sell a product having a feature that isnt currently there and hasnt been for over half a year.

Im a huge fan of the two voice packs I have now bought, but bitterly dissappointed at the way they are sold, supported and informed.
        I make the points above out of frustration, but primarily because I want to see HCS grow as a business, to gain more customers and be able to develop more great features and superb ideas for me to enjoy in my games.

Thank you HCS for what you've provided, and I hope the above is taken in the way it was intended.
        Last edited by Cardnim; 05-03-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardnim View Post
          One thing that is completely missing is the "verbose" responses.....
          She does have them (not all)...take a look in the subdirectory there:
          Code:
          ...\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Elite Profile sounds\ ......

Originally posted by Cardnim View Post
          Secondly, lets looks at the blurb on Astra's store page right now. Amongst others, it says ".....+ Stephen Hawking Quotes"
          Thats not there either.....
          The VAP File :
          Code:
          ...\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profiles\Themed profile add-ons\HCS Stephen Hawking Quotes Pack.vap
          The Sound Files :
          Code:
          ...\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\STEPHEN HAWKING QUOTES\
          Your problem come from elsewhere
          Last edited by Touille; 05-03-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Touille View Post

She does have them...take a look in the subdirectory there:
            Code:
            \VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Elite Profile sounds\ ......

The VAP File :
            Code:
            VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profiles\Themed profile add-ons\HCS Stephen Hawking Quotes Pack.vap
            The Sound Files :
            Code:
            VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\STEPHEN HAWKING QUOTES\
            Your problem come from elsewhere
            Thanks for the help Touille, but Im not sure.
            When I look inside the subfolders for Astra, all my "verbose" folders are empty for Astra. Are yours not?
            The Stephen Hawkings quotes should trigger, they dont. While the VAP may be there Astra never seems to tell me a quote or use them for conversation.

Comment

Some are empty, but most have sound.

For me quotes from Stephen Hawkings work without issue : Voice command
              • Quote Stephen Hawking
              • Quote Hawking please
              • Hawking says some interesting things
              • Professor Hawking quote
              how do you added the VAP in VA?
              As a separate profile from singularity?

Voice attack version? singularity version?
              Last edited by Touille; 05-03-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Almost none of my "verbose" subfolders in Astra have sound. All Astras sound files are kept in the "non-verbose" subfolder.
                EDIT - i did find a few tucked away, but its hardly the myriad of verbose options that Orion has.

When I open VA and click Edit Profile I perform a search.
                Doing this, there isnt a single entry for "Stephen Hawkings" "Stephen" or "Hawkings" so I dont know what command there would be to get Astra to speak one to me in game, and in a good few days and night of playing Ive yet to hear her utter a single one.

Singluarity version = v1.04
                Voice Attack = v1.7
                HSC Plugin = v2.04
                Last edited by Cardnim; 05-03-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Did you imported the Hawkings vap in singularity profile or Just added it in VA ?

if the second choice, you should add Hawkings vap with "include commands from other profiles" in singularity profile :

Check this thread point 12 and bellow
                  http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...ow-to-add-them

(i'm sorry for my english..)

edit: for the verbose stuff : for example in this directory i got 7 files (and 2 files in non-verbose sirectory) :
                  Code:
                  ...\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Elite Profile sounds\Combat\((RS - Hardpoints Deploy))\Verbose
                  Last edited by Touille; 05-03-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Your english is perfect - you have nothing to apologise for!
                    Thank you for all the help

I havent added anything to the profile at all - I didnt know I needed to!

I will look at your link tonight and see if I can get it enabled. Thank you again for your help.

This problem is exactly my point though - customers have to do all this research and digging to switch on headline feature? Hmmmm.

Comment

Open VA, Import profile, select the Hawkings VAP (directory link above post 6), (repeat this for other vap from this directory if you need or want them)
                      Once done, switch to singularity profile,
                      Got to the thread I linked in my post 9 above (to know how to) ->, link the hawkings vap in the singularity profile.(repeat this for other vap if you added them . Once in the include profile commands windows, you just need to press + and add each vap, you don't need to restart the process)
                      Restart voice attack and ask with one of the voice commands (in my post 7 above). That should work

edit: In the same directory as the Hawkings vap, go to the Cheat Sheets directory and check the html file to know the voice commands of each VAP
                      Last edited by Touille; 05-03-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

All of the "bonus" profiles (ie the themed addon's) should be making their way into the main singularity profile.

At the start, with Singularity we needed to make sure that all the "standard" content was present across all packs, and only once those issues were ironed out did we move towards the "unique" sounds for the profiles.

Side note: In the older profiles (pre singularity) we had 2 sets of profiles ("Full house" and "basic", where the full house had all of the bonus content included, and the basic had none). We still supplied the .vaps for the bonus content so that users could add/tweak/customise the content of their profiles better.

Now that we are using a plugin to manage that content (or to balance it out across packs), we no longer need the "bonus" profiles, as you would be able to enable/disable as needed.
                        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
                        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
                        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
                        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
                        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thanks Touille - really helpful

Thanks Gangrel - totally understand you need to get the basics right before moving on. And it will make for a better full product in the end. I guess for right now, the whole selection, purchasing and setup of the product is confusing and bewildering for new customers (such as me!)

Onwards and upwards though... and maximum marks have to go for having such a good helpful forum with active members and admins.

Comment

as people have said, the extra "chatty" type things are there as a separate profile you can import into Singularity. We've recognised that people essentially don't want to faff about importing them or simply don't understand how so the next update will have them already included in the main profile. Truly one profile to rule them all
                            The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
                              ... the next update will have them already included in the main profile. Truly one profile to rule them all
                              ^^ This!
                              Huzzah.

Comment

Working...
                              X