Emergency Jump (Emergency High Wake)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Jump (Emergency High Wake)

I was trying to work out a way of making my ship make an emergency jump (high wake) to a random star system (this was a feature of Elite - First Encounters [I think]), I was also experimenting with defensive manoeuvres (as in Star Trek "Pattern Pickard Tango 5 Alpha") to rotate the ship to avoid targeted attacks on the e.g. Power Plant. I've struggled to make these work.

I was wondering whether this is something that HCS Voicepack could accomplish? Particularly the 'Emergency Jump' which would be a pretty cool feature.

Not easily (or at all really feasible)

There is no method to jump to a random system, and the speed of ship rotation is entirely dependent on ship mass, and general flight envelope, so rotating the ship commands would be *highly* *highly* specific.

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

my old multi-crew profile had a "plot me an escape route" which you could use before entering into a fight. It takes a few secs to find a suitable system so I deemed it better to do that rather than try to use it in an emergency and it not be quick enough. It was also only 99% accurate so hasn't been implemented into hcs packs. I'll add it to my wish list for the next update and see if there is a better way to do it. It's a very useful cmd though so I'll definitely try to do something.
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

My method that worked to some degree - but was not Random - was to keypress-navigate to the top of the navigation pane and then 'up' X number of keypresses then initiate jump. so if there was a different set of commands e.g. "Emergency Jump 5" (i.e. 5 keypresses up) or "Emergency Jump 9" etc.) that would sort of work. The only problem that brings is when the target system is obscured, this is just unlucky chance though. If there were some way of randomising those "up" keypresses through the navigation pane, that would pretty much solve it - it's just getting Voice Attack to execute a random number is the problem.

Comment

Getting VA to pick a random number is surprisingly easy (You choose a variable and set the variable to a range between two numbers). You then use this variable to tell VA how many "up movements" to make
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
          X