Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singularity v2 Question: 'Request Docking' customization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singularity v2 Question: 'Request Docking' customization?

Hello! I didn't want to / wasn't sure if I could hijack the new Singularity v2 thread (http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...singularity-v2) with this so opted for a separate post.

I am so happy to read that Eli is on track to be updated soon-ish for the latest update to Beyond / Singularity (he's probably my favorite HCS voicepack)!
    • I watched the YouTube video of the upcoming changes and loved what I saw but have a question. When we request docking, will the new customizer functionality allow for separating, sequencing, or otherwise "timing" the landing gear deployment as part of that new "immersive" experience? Or would we have to duplicate the command to a separate personal profile and customize accordingly? In the video the landing gear seem to be deployed soon after requesting docking but I prefer to deploy the landing gear only once I've passed through the "mail slot". If we won't be able to customize, would it be possible to at least have a toggle for whether it follows v1 behavior or the new v2 immersive experience? Or have checkboxes for each part of the new "request docking" immersive experience e.g., a checkbox for "deploy landing gear" and a checkbox for "power to shields" etc?
    • Speaking of customized commands... will there be major changes required if we've leveraged existing HCS commands or variables in our own personal VoiceAttack scripts?
    Last edited by Cmdr Galyock; 10-25-2018, 01:26 AM.

First part: Wait and see. The ability to change the timing so that it happens when you enter the mail slot? No method to time it that accurately, as the information is not relayed to us in the journal.

2nd Part: It all depends as to *how* you leveraged the existing commands. There has been some give and take in terms of what the commands are here (trust us, we don't want to limit what you can do with the profile, its just that sometimes to make improvements on our side, we have had to break some things in the backend....
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thanks Gangrel. I suspected it might be the case that getting the timing right would be unlikely, which is why I'm really really hoping for checkbox options that allow us to decide which parts we want included in the overall "immersive experience" (at least with respect to "request docking" function). It seems like it would be a sufficient workaround that allows each player to better tailor HCS / VA commands to their own play style.

And the reason it matters, if it helps any -- I have not-great spacial / depth perception, and more times than I care to admit I've gotten caught on the steel rings you pass through before the mail slot, but only when landing gear are deployed. One time I almost got blasted to bits by the station for trespassing because I couldn't "unstick" myself fast enough and was blocking the slot -- in my Imperial Cutter (which is not exactly a cheap ship to replace).

Comment

Getting caught on the rungs is one of my party tricks, no matter the ship I am in
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

The new way to request docking will be in addition to the existing method. Fireytoad actually wrote the new command so it'll be down to me to add it into Singularity and with that any customisable options that are possible to make it work for everyone.
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

TheThingIs thanks for the info. I can't tell for sure but your reply sounds like you're saying it might be possible to add the kind of customization I described. I know nothing is guaranteed, but nonetheless I shall await the update with eager anticipation (because the little bits in the demo all looked awesome).

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
            Getting caught on the rungs is one of my party tricks, no matter the ship I am in
            Gangrel Thanks for making me feel not so alone. I always thought/assumed it was just me being a noob.

Thank you both!

Comment

Working...
            X