This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with HCSCustomerBinds plugin

So what we need to do is make sure that the bindED plugin is reading the correct file.

Firstly, your binds should be located here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\

you may have more than one .binds file in there, figure out which is the one you want to use. Lets say it's called 'Custom.1.8.binds'

Now the plugin. bindED has 2 ways to access the correct file, but it always looks for it in the folder mentioned above. If you don't have that folder then that's a problem we need to know about.

The first way it accesses the correct file is by using filedate. In the profile you have a command called 'import my bindings' which is located in the Profile startup category. Open that command and double click on the line Execute external plugin, 'bindED Plugin v1.0'. The box that pops up has a section called Plugin Context. That should be blank and all other fields blank. As you have not specified a filename to use then it will use the filedate to access the most recent .binds file.

The second way is exactly as above. Except in the Plugin Context field you specify the exact file you want it to access. So you would enter (using the filename 'Custom.1.8.binds' 'C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\Custom.1.8.binds'. That will now use that file and only that file, even if you switch to using another .binds file in the game.

Now the other thing that causes users problems is binding keys. If you are using a joystick or any other form of controller other than the keyboard then you may have some binds set to a button press. Eg you might have deploy landing gear set to a button. VoiceAttack needs to press a keyboard key to do it's thing. So what you need to do is bind a keyboard key to the secondary bind in Elite. You may not use that keyboard press yourself but it's there for VoiceAttack to use. This goes for everything though, any action that you want VoiceAttack to do MUST have a keyboard key bound to it in Elite. It's that keyboard key the plugin reads. If you only have a button press assigned then the plugin reads that command as blank and when you run the command which uses it in VoiceAttack it won't work.

Hope that's helpful for peeps
    Last edited by TheThingIs; 01-28-2017, 01:26 PM.
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Of course, if you're using your own created Elite bindings profile feel free to use it's name in bindED as long as that bindings profile is being used by Elite as well.

I use keyboard and mouse so I followed your youtube video about setup and keybindings but I modified it a bit for my own needs (for example I keep "m" assigned to galaxy map and "crl+m" for system map) but I mostly moved all Voice Attack related binding to the secondary binding tab.
    I find it interesting that bindED actually prefers secondary bindings tab because when I tested it in notepad (Voice Attack option send commands to notepad window) it used bindings from the secondary tab (apostrophe in my case instead the "m" which was assigned in primary bindings tab for galaxy map) which is really nice.

By the way, readme in bindED says you can create shortcuts to bindings file in bindED folder and it will load them on startup, but even without those shortcuts bindED loads Elite bindings file anyway whenever Voice Attack starts which is nice to know.

Comment

I have recently updated the Verity voicepack.

The throttle increment (thrusters 10%, 20%, 30%, etc) use 0, 50, or 100 plus or minus a number of 10%s.
      These use the Variables 'edUI_up' and 'edUI_down' which may work with the original binds (I don't know - except that with Verity, a couple of them were wrong; being '100% and edUI_up') but they didn't work with my custom binds - and I had already 'imported the binds'.
      Looking into it, I see that increase or decrease thrusters, which I bound to '=' and '-' respectively, set the variables 'edForwardKey' and 'edBackwardKey'.

I hope this makes sense. (the fault was not with the bindED plugin but I don't know where else to put this . . . .)
      I changed the calls for the edUI_up and edUI_down variables to calls for the 'edForwardKey' and 'edBackwardKey' variables - in the ((10%)), ((20%)), etc "Keybinds" in VA - and it's working now.
      Last edited by Tao Zee; 02-20-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

ahhhh yes it is essentially a bug. Something that has cropped up now with using the keybind reader. Duly noted and popped onto our 'Toad you plonker fix this now' list

Comment

*gets back to the grindstone*
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Finally I am getting closer to solving my issue with voice commands, Is there a list of the keys that need to be bound for primary commands? I know you can find them out in game but that is reinventing the wheel. choosing keyboard and listing down all the keys assigned then choosing joystick and secondary map all the keys again. it would be easier to say departure handover...keys needed..blah blah blah.
            The info must be somewhere to create each voice profile. HELP PLEASE!

FYI Windows 10 and Elite Dangerous Horizons using Cloe Voice pack (thought Holly would be fun in game).
            Reason I chose departure handover was because it was one of the issues I have. Thanks in advance for any input.

Comment

http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...fault-keybinds

Comment

Perfect! thank you for your help

Comment

Sorry if this is a noob question...based on your description above...HCS voicepack will use whatever keys I've bound to a command, (so long as I have the bindED plugin profile imported and used at startup)?

That is, I no longer have to ensure my keypress bindings match your default keybindings?

Clicker

Comment

Originally posted by clicker View Post
                    Sorry if this is a noob question...based on your description above...HCS voicepack will use whatever keys I've bound to a command, (so long as I have the bindED plugin profile imported and used at startup)?

That is, I no longer have to ensure my keypress bindings match your default keybindings?

Clicker
                    Exactly. For all the packs which have plugins and of course for Singularity as well..
                    Pick up any keyboard key you want for needed functions and you're good to go.

Comment

That is an awesome improvement!

Comment

Working...
                      X