X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** INSTALLING profiles the CORRECT way ****

Hey peeps,

We have noticed a trend happening with the VoiceAttack profile which seems to be causing everyone major issues. A lot of you are simply installing them incorrectly and then struggling because things aren't working. So here's how it should be done:

When putting a profile into VA there are 2 methods by which this can be achieved. Import profile and import commands. A lot of people seem to be clicking create a new profile and then editing the new profile and using import commands to load the profile. This method is WRONG as it will not load in some very important profile settings. This method is actually for adding in new commands to an existing profile. To load in a profile correctly with the correct settings you must use Import Profile which is on the main VA window. Here is a simple step by step of how to do it:

1. Install VoiceAttack, the latest full version. Beta versions are fine but we don't use features from the betas for stability reasons (multi-crew profile may need the beta, version required will be indicated in notes for it)

2. Install the plugins into "VAFolder"\Apps\

3. Install the pack into "VAFolder"\Sounds\

4. STEAM users. Our current installers for the plugins and the pack do not take into account the steam installation of VA being in a different place. Our installers put the files by default into C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps and \Sounds. After the installers have finished please move these 2 folders to your steam install of VA. Just cut & paste will do.

5. Start VA and click the Import Profile button and then browse to the correct .vap profile file you want to import:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	17442

6. Stop and restart VA

7. Check to see if there are any patch updates for the profile. As you can see above, the new versions of our profiles include a version number. If you don't see a version number then you will likely have an old version so downloading your full pack again will be necessary. If you do see a version number then check it on this thread to see if an update is available. The patches are installed using the import commands option as this adds or replaces commands into an existing profile. Instructions for that are provided with the patches: http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...r-minor-issues

NOTE ABOUT MULTI-CREW PROFILE
    Multi-crew has it's own instructions which tell you about editing ((Crew Members)). The latest patch for this profile adds in auto pack detection so editing that command is no longer necessary. If you follow the above install guide and then immediately add the patch as well you don't have to edit anything and it should just start working and initially set all the crew members to be Astra. See the readme in the patches pack or read the patches post.

REMEMBER TO USE IMPORT PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps

The HCS Team
    Last edited by TheThingIs; 06-15-2017, 10:05 AM.
    Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
    http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Thank you. This may explain why I keep losing/gaining various functionality every time I install new versions of Verity and Orion for Elite Dangerous. However, I have a follow up question: Can you "Import profile" for more than one profile to merge them together? I ask because both Orion and Verity have their base VAP (I can't remember where as I'm at work right now), but then they also have their galaxapedia and other entries you can add in. Do we Import all of these and will they all merge together? Or do we import the base profile and then import commands from the rest?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

merging profile is done with the "import commands" option. You don't need to do this though as the Full House versions of the profile already include the optional extras like Galaxapedia
      Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
      http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
        merging profile is done with the "import commands" option. You don't need to do this though as the Full House versions of the profile already include the optional extras like Galaxapedia
        Oh. I thought the Full House profile was only to have multiple voicepacks work together or something (like in the demo clips).

If I can get Orion and Verity back to near 100% utility tonight by doing the import profile thing, then I may just have to buy/add Eli to my list.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X