Panel commands and VR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel commands and VR

I have several voice packs and all behave the same way. NOT in VR every thing works as expected. In VR things fall apart. Launch command works most of the time. Request docking command is a roll of the dice, I never know where the voice pack will send me. At a loss with this one. Use Eden most of the time. I think June was last download of Eden or maybe April. I rarely use right panel, but it has issues too.

If you disable panel popping when looking at them (in Elite options) I guess your problem should vanish. Also do not manually move or change panels and tabs if you plan to use Voice Pack's features that call panels and use their functions.

Comment

Tried your suggestion (I thought was a damn good one). Didn't work. Voice commands did not change home position on l and r panels. Tried "reset panels" several times to no avail.

Comment

I'll have a test of this in my rift over the weekend and see if I can replicate the issue and figure out what is happening.

Can you provide me with screenshots of the va window when you log into elite please
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I will if ya tell me how. I am a major noob doing that sort of thing. Haven't gamed for a very long time. ED and VA got me back into it.

Comment

Taking a One Window Screenshot
            1. Click the window that you want to capture an image of. The One Window screenshot function will take a picture of the "active" window on your screen. ...
            2. Hold down Alt and press ⎙ PrtScr . An image of the window will be copied to the clipboard. ...
            3. Paste the screenshot.

Comment

Gonna try this! Should be 2 pics. Can't get it to load the 2nd one. Anyway, both look exactly the same.

Comment

@The ThingIs did you find out anything over the weekend?

Comment

@"The ThingIs" did you find out anything over the weekend?

Comment

Hi All,

I'm having the same issues.

When I play Elite, I use Astra primarily. But I also have Eden and Ship's Cat.

Before I got Oculus, I used TrackIR and had no problems. Astra responded properly within Elite, and when I told her to open or close a specific menu, she did so.

Of course, sometimes she'd get confused, and I'd tell her to "Reset all systems" and she'd get back on track.

Once I got Oculus, I anticipated some issues.

So I retrained Win10 to understand the new built-in Oculus microphone. And made sure to start Oculus and Steam first, before starting VoiceAttack and then Elite in VR.

However, when I use Oculus, Astra doesn't seem to completely understand the panel commands. She hears me, and responds with "Opening [insert whatever I said]". But, as the first poster said, it's a roll of the dice. While it may work the first time, she quickly gets confused, and either does nothing, or opens up the wrong tab. "Reset all systems" doesn't fix it unfortunately.

I'm hoping to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling VoiceAttack and the VoicePacks, as I don't know if it would fix it. Again, it worked great outside of VR.

Any advice would be great! And thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

I picked up an Oculus a couple weeks ago and the biggest issue I am having the voice recognition just doesn't work as well with the Oculus Mic as it did with my headset. I went through the training again and have messed with the mic sensitivity settings. I finally have it working 80% of the time but with my headset it was probably correct 99% of the time. But I'm not have to many issues with panel navigation. I did disable the panels from automatically popping open when looking at them. I have the Astra and Eden voice pack and the panels usually work fine in my ship. The only strange thing I am having is the panel functions in the SRV. I know they are on different bindings and I have them set. The panels function perfectly in the SRV when I use the Eden Voice pack but they don't work at all when using Astra. Like klaiber stated above, I can say "contacts" and Astra will respond with "contacts" but absolutely nothing happens. I know the bindings are correct because if I switch from Astra to Eden it works perfectly.

Comment

I tried uninstalling VA and VoicePacks I have. Used only ASTRA first and all worked great the first time I requested docking. Next time did not work and it is trial and error to reset panels. As in reset panels and then say contacts might work or I might get Transactions, navigation or nothing. Really frustrating spending all this money to play Elite in VR and can't because voice packs don't work and or reset properly?

Comment

this is a very odd issue indeed. Can people up the cpu priority level of VoiceAttack to high and see if that makes any difference. It could possibly be a timing issue with the keypresses. I'll also put together a quick patch for u to use which will slow the commands down and see how that works out.

Comment

Here is a test patch to see if it helps any with panel commands like request docking. I "think" the issue is latency when using VR so I have increased the key presses slightly. If you see some improvement then we can try increasing them a bit more until they work 100%.

I'd suggest making a duplicate of the profile and then apply the patch to the duplicate (it's one of the options where you choose to import a profile). That way you can switch back without any issues.

you can apply this to any of the packs but only a v2,4 profile (except multi-crew)

Instructions
                            ------------
                            First and foremost, make a BACKUP of the profile you are applying this patch to. This especially applies to profiles you have
                            customised as it is quite possible this will overwrite your customisations and you'll lose them.

These fixes can be applied to a standard profile or a full house profile. Start VoiceAttack and select the profile you wish to
                            patch. Click the edit profile button. Click the import commands button on the bottom left of the window. Browse to where you
                            unpacked the patches and select the correct file. An import commands window will pop up with some warnings about conflicting
                            commands, ignore it and click import. It will then ask you to confirm the overwriting of commands, say yes. Click Done.

Restart VoiceAttack
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by TheThingIs; 07-28-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

The VR panel test-Profile.vap worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much The ThingIS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X