Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite keybind checker

Hey peeps,

One of the new features coming in Singularity is a full blown keybind checker. We thought it would be useful to give this out seperately for all of you who are having issues getting things to run correctly. Load this in like a normal profile using "import profile" and then stop and restart VA. When it runs it will detect the binds you currently have selected in Elite and check that all the ones we need have been bound correctly. If any problems are found then it will save the details to a file called "BindErrors.txt" on your desktop. They are listed in the same order and with the same description as they are in Elite so it should be easy for you to find the problem and correct it. Hope it helps

The HCS Team

YOU MUST BE LOGGED INTO THE FORUMS TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheThingIs; 09-09-2017, 06:09 PM.
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Excellent idea!

I'm away from my PC at present so would like some info before I head home...

Do you need to have ED running for this to work?
    Will it pop up an error message within the VA dialogue window if it finds a binding mismatch or do I just need to check my desktop for the appearance of a file?

Cheers
    Clicker

Comment

You don't need Elite running but the set of binds you want it to check need to be selected in Elite. An error message will appear in the window and tell you where it put the error file.

Comment

That is a really useful tool

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
          You don't need Elite running but the set of binds you want it to check need to be selected in Elite. An error message will appear in the window and tell you where it put the error file.
          So you are saying it checks the currently active bind file...right?

Comment

yep, whatever "custom" bind file you have selected in Elite

Comment

This is a sexy idea. It's even sexier than me. And, I'm pretty damn sexy.

Actually, I just returned to ED yesterday and had to set everything up again. As I was setting up my keybinds, I'm thinking to myself, "an automatic way to insert or check your keybinds would be useful." It's a pleasant surprise to find this and you have my sincere gratitude. Still. A bit freaked out. A tad paranoid now, wondering if I'm being watched and my Oculus secretly reads my thoughts. Are you sure you want to read my thoughts? I've read my thoughts all my life and... my thoughts are far more uninhibited and kinkier than I am. Not only that, but these thoughts are persuasive and they talk me into doing the sorts of things you wouldn't tell your old gran about. You've been warned.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Tried to import, but at least half the commands are red, indicating they're conflicting commands. Do I overwrite those?
              Last edited by Duncan Disorderly; 10-01-2017, 06:33 PM.
              “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Disorderly View Post
                This is a sexy idea. It's even sexier than me. And, I'm pretty damn sexy.

Actually, I just returned to ED yesterday and had to set everything up again. As I was setting up my keybinds, I'm thinking to myself, "an automatic way to insert or check your keybinds would be useful." It's a pleasant surprise to find this and you have my sincere gratitude. Still. A bit freaked out. A tad paranoid now, wondering if I'm being watched and my Oculus secretly reads my thoughts. Are you sure you want to read my thoughts? I've read my thoughts all my life and... my thoughts are far more uninhibited and kinkier than I am. Not only that, but these thoughts are persuasive and they talk me into doing the sorts of things you wouldn't tell your old gran about. You've been warned.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Tried to import, but at least half the commands are red, indicating they're conflicting commands. Do I overwrite those?
                Import it as a standalone profile not as a patch on another profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Frici View Post

Import it as a standalone profile not as a patch on another profile.
                  Ah! I think I get it now. It doesn't need to be imported into your existing profile. Just having it there as a profile in itself does the job. Obviously, I had the wrong impression and assumed it formed a part of your profile.

Thanks! Your help is much appreciated.
                  “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Comment

Ok - Thanks for sharing - sounds like an awesome tool and I decided to give it shot!

I guess it doesn't like the fact for some reason I dont have a "custom" binds in Elite and it looks specifically for "Custom" ?

My binds file is actually a PRESET called HCSPACKS KB+M 2.4 , its a left over from earlier HCS Pack 2.xx? and I update and customise, and updated the XML version headings etc so it appears in game. I have various profiles for various uses, I have my HCSPacks KB+M+X55 2.4 HCS PACKS TEST 2.4 (for messing with my own version of multicrewing - archived now waiting for Singularity) and a X55 - KIDS profile.

So...How I got around to test my HCS Packs binding with they Keychecker
                    - I switched to Custom Preset in game, made a change to key binding and exited the game to save out a Custom.binds (and custom2.0.binds?)
                    - Opened Custom2.0.binds and copy\replaced all the lines of code\settings from my HCS Packs KB+M 2.4.binds file
                    - Loaded Elite and made sure I was still on the CUSTOM profile
                    - Then Ran Keybinds checker in VA.. and indeed - found quite a few Bind Errors.
                    - See below for a full export, basic things not covered in the HCS Key bindings video like driving mode panels etc, weapon\engine colour, camera suite, and free look modes.
                    - Thankfully nothing disastrous like combat etc, but definitely great to see I dont have everything bound thats in use by HCS Packs.''
                    ** This is a similar process I use in creating other profiles and saving them out as 'Presets' for use by the KIDS etc.

To Fix my missing binds
                    - Opened BindErrors.txt on my desktop and made necessary changes inside CUSTOM key profile in Elite
                    - Switched to empty VA profile
                    - Close and delete the old BindErrors.TXT file from my desktop
                    - Switched back to VA KeyBinds checker profile and it rechecks and creates a new BindErrors.txt file.

Only issue I had was with 2 Free Camera binds.
                    - Through trial and error, worked out what Free Camera bind matches what but adding\removing binding and see what key checker produces.
                    - Set final Camera settings in CUSTOM Profile and close\delete BindErrors.txt one last time
                    - Run VA Key Checker profile and got the final "All Clear" from Key binds Checker.
                    - Reversed the process and copied all the CUSTOM binds content back into my HCS Packs KB+M 2.4 preset file, Loaded Elite, changed config and verfied under controls all the changes I made where there, including the final two free camera ones.
                    - Tested in Game in Solo :P

Hoping what I did achieved the same goal \ as a work around for only accessing a Customs file - and yes, I went to a lot of trouble - I could have left it as a CUSTOM bindings going forward, but i have my reasons - as I use my HCS Preset for me ... and a different preset for my kid who uses game pad and no VA\HCS.

My inital BindErrors.TXT and the two Camera issues I had
                    Code:
                    Elite keybind not setup: Flight miscellaneous: Toggle orbit lines
                    Elite keybind not setup: Miscellaneous: Weapon colour
                    Elite keybind not setup: Miscellaneous: Engine colour
                    Elite keybind not setup: Mode switches: Headlook
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving: Handbrake
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Target panel
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Comms panel
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Quick comms
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Role panel
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Systems panel
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Open galaxy map
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Open system map
                    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Headlook
                    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: SRV - Toggle camera suite
                    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Previous camera
                    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Next camera
                    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Enter free camera
                    Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Toggle HUD
                    Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Lock to vehicle
                    Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Lock to world
                    The only ones I had to figure out via trial and error , 1 at a time

Free Camera
                    - Lock to Vehicle appears to be CAMERA/SHIP CONTROLS TOGGLE
                    - Lock to World appears to be ATTACH/DETACH CAMERA
                    Last edited by -=DruiD=-; 10-03-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the hard work.....

Comment

This is EXCELLENT. Thanks to this, I found out that I had some keybind conflicts and now Galaxy Map navigation commands work!

Comment

Just used this tool, all worked except it never saved the BindErrors.txt file on my system anywhere, any ideas ? It did find errors in bindings in ED, so that file would be great..

Never mind, figured it out and fixing errors..great tool,, very useful.. Thank You, love the packs !
                          Last edited by Shoorix; 11-05-2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -=DruiD=- View Post
                            Ok - Thanks for sharing - sounds like an awesome tool and I decided to give it shot!

I guess it doesn't like the fact for some reason I dont have a "custom" binds in Elite and it looks specifically for "Custom" ?

My binds file is actually a PRESET called HCSPACKS KB+M 2.4 , its a left over from earlier HCS Pack 2.xx? and I update and customise, and updated the XML version headings etc so it appears in game. I have various profiles for various uses, I have my HCSPacks KB+M+X55 2.4 HCS PACKS TEST 2.4 (for messing with my own version of multicrewing - archived now waiting for Singularity) and a X55 - KIDS profile.

So...How I got around to test my HCS Packs binding with they Keychecker
                            - I switched to Custom Preset in game, made a change to key binding and exited the game to save out a Custom.binds (and custom2.0.binds?)
                            - Opened Custom2.0.binds and copy\replaced all the lines of code\settings from my HCS Packs KB+M 2.4.binds file
                            - Loaded Elite and made sure I was still on the CUSTOM profile
                            - Then Ran Keybinds checker in VA.. and indeed - found quite a few Bind Errors.
                            - See below for a full export, basic things not covered in the HCS Key bindings video like driving mode panels etc, weapon\engine colour, camera suite, and free look modes.
                            - Thankfully nothing disastrous like combat etc, but definitely great to see I dont have everything bound thats in use by HCS Packs.''
                            ** This is a similar process I use in creating other profiles and saving them out as 'Presets' for use by the KIDS etc.

To Fix my missing binds
                            - Opened BindErrors.txt on my desktop and made necessary changes inside CUSTOM key profile in Elite
                            - Switched to empty VA profile
                            - Close and delete the old BindErrors.TXT file from my desktop
                            - Switched back to VA KeyBinds checker profile and it rechecks and creates a new BindErrors.txt file.

Only issue I had was with 2 Free Camera binds.
                            - Through trial and error, worked out what Free Camera bind matches what but adding\removing binding and see what key checker produces.
                            - Set final Camera settings in CUSTOM Profile and close\delete BindErrors.txt one last time
                            - Run VA Key Checker profile and got the final "All Clear" from Key binds Checker.
                            - Reversed the process and copied all the CUSTOM binds content back into my HCS Packs KB+M 2.4 preset file, Loaded Elite, changed config and verfied under controls all the changes I made where there, including the final two free camera ones.
                            - Tested in Game in Solo :P

Hoping what I did achieved the same goal \ as a work around for only accessing a Customs file - and yes, I went to a lot of trouble - I could have left it as a CUSTOM bindings going forward, but i have my reasons - as I use my HCS Preset for me ... and a different preset for my kid who uses game pad and no VA\HCS.

My inital BindErrors.TXT and the two Camera issues I had
                            Code:
                            Elite keybind not setup: Flight miscellaneous: Toggle orbit lines
                            Elite keybind not setup: Miscellaneous: Weapon colour
                            Elite keybind not setup: Miscellaneous: Engine colour
                            Elite keybind not setup: Mode switches: Headlook
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving: Handbrake
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Target panel
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Comms panel
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Quick comms
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Role panel
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Systems panel
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Open galaxy map
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Open system map
                            Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Headlook
                            Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: SRV - Toggle camera suite
                            Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Previous camera
                            Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Next camera
                            Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Enter free camera
                            Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Toggle HUD
                            Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Lock to vehicle
                            Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Lock to world
                            The only ones I had to figure out via trial and error , 1 at a time

Free Camera
                            - Lock to Vehicle appears to be CAMERA/SHIP CONTROLS TOGGLE
                            - Lock to World appears to be ATTACH/DETACH CAMERA
                            Nice to read but I still can't make it work. I just keep the error warning. I've did exactly what you described but no luck. Any Ideas?

Comment

if you go into elite, choose one of their preset bindings, change something, anything. Then it becomes a custom set of binds and the profile will pick it up. Because we add all the extra keys in for VA to press, they have to be custom binds so that is what we are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X