Can not install Kate update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not install Kate update

When I run install plugin it dose not copy anything to the directly dose not even create directly. I have tried run as admin. When I run setup the file dose not display anything and deletes its self.

download
    unzip
    run plugin installer
    run setup to install all the sounds

Simple process so what you are describing is odd. The only thing I can think of is that it didn't download correctly maybe...
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

yes it is strange, I downloaded it a couple of times do not want to do it again as I olny get 3. I never had this issue before.

Comment

Can you point me to someone in support it worked create till I tried to update it. I followed the steps many times.

Comment

Just curious, but are you running an antivirus. Sometimes that does funky things with the installer.

Well, not necessarily "funky", it is doing what it is supposed to do.

The thing is, if you choose the default install location (which is probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds" ), then the antivirus is doing the correct thing stopping the application from installing there, because one app is *not* meant to install into another apps directory.

Our installer however *does*.

What you can do is one of two things:

1) Install the pack elsewhere and then just cut and paste it to the correct location

2) Disable your AV before you install, and then just re-enable it.

Either will work, but that is just one thing that we have seen in the past with some AV;s
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I never get the choice to chose a directory, I double click the setup and it just deletes its self after a moment. I will disable my anti virus and try/

Comment

I have no idea what happened I could not get it to install with virus scan off booting into safe mode, came back today to grab a process monitor to post and it worked, Have no idea but thank you for you help.

Comment

np, atleast it's working
                The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
                X