Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control scheme change detected after ED server crash......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control scheme change detected after ED server crash......

ED servers crashed a little while ago, back up now. Problem is VA now says the control scheme has changed and none of the verbal commands work. I was in the middle of a jump when the server crashed. Now when I try to jump again it says I can't because I'm already in hyperspace, well I'm not in hyperspace.

When Singularity initializes in VA it's saying "Control scheme change detected, reading in binds", nothing was changed at my end, certainly not any control binds. The servers crashed and that was it.

Any ideas on how to get up and running again?

Should add, I'm not getting a "BindsErrors.txt" when I start VA.
    Last edited by Muskoka; 03-01-2018, 11:40 PM.

close everything fully, start VA, start Elite and log into game...it should correct itself
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
      close everything fully, start VA, start Elite and log into game...it should correct itself
      I've done that already, should have said. Also removed and re-imported the Singularity profile, no change. Have re-booted computer, no change.

Comment

have you imported the newest v1.0 of the Singularity profile?

you sure it's "hyperspace" it's stuck in?

it's an odd thing to be stuck in any state when you've reimported the profile as that wipes all the variables

you could try deleting all the journal files...they are usually here: C:\Users\xxxxx\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous

Comment

Thanks, deleting the journal files did the trick, although I'm still seeing the "Control scheme change detected, reading in binds", in all subsequent restarts? All the verbal commands I normally use are working fine.

Comment

thats fine, that is elite making its changes to the binds and we are reading them in again

Comment

This has happened again. There was a server crash this afternoon while I was in Hyperspace. I shut down the computer as I had other things to do. Now I'm back and when I try to initiate the Hyperspace jump again it's say it can't because "Command ignored - not available whilst in Hyperspace". I've removed the journal files, which worked last time, but not this time.

Any suggestions?

Going to delete the profile, re-import, and see what happens.

That did the trick, back in business.
              Last edited by Muskoka; 03-19-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

a couple of others have also reported this happening so I will be looking at why very soon...hopefully have a fix shortly so this doesn't happen again

make sure you start VA and then start elite and login...that should always correct the game state due to special info being sent to the profile when logging in

Comment

Working...
                X