Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want voice responses from key-presses (Elite: Singularity profile)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheThingIs
    replied
    voice disabled commands are not voice commands, they are code that is used by other commands to generally perform repetitive tasks that are needed in multiple commands.

we are listening m8 but this is voice control software and we've never used keypresses to perform commands so it has never been a consideration for us. Even the 2.x profiles and prior were built that way but also had old code still in as well. I'll bring up the issue at our next build meeting but even if we decided to allow this kind of functionality then it's a complete rewrite of the whole profile so you are looking at 6+months of work. Sorry

Leave a comment:

• mendocinotim
    replied

Or how much would someone charge me to add this feature to my HCS code-base?
    HCS - are you listening?
    What would you charge me to have this code added?

I am desperate!
    My entire YouTube series is now dead in the water!

I wish I had never updated

Leave a comment:

• mendocinotim
    replied
    What if there was a way to call the execution of the individual spoken commands via a keypress - added as a new command set?
    When I look at the stock code, there's all these reference to variables 'that (I presume) map somehow to specific meanings.
    Is there a simple model (code-wise) that could be used that is hard-coded (rather than variable-based) that would be human understandable 'that could be used to do this I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• mendocinotim
    replied
    Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
    unfortunately it can't really be done. Some commands you can but most perform based on the spoken word so a keypress won't tell the cmd what to do
    Really?
    Oh no!

My entire tutorial series on youtube depends on it.

I could tell that some commands would work, but speed changes (for example) now seem to be consolidated into a single bit of code.

I noticed that some items tell you "Voice Disabled" - is there a way to enable the voice on those?
    I looked, but could not find a way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• mendocinotim
    replied
    By the way..

Astra (before the update) was behaving erratically.. so I performed a full uninstall before updating.
    I deliberately deleted all my customizations at that time - so am starting from scratch now.

I will want to trigger ASTRA's normal responses for the following actions when I press keys on my keyboard, or from my HOTAS stick..

25% speed
    50% speed
    75% speed
    100% speed
    All Stop
    Safety Jump
    Super Cruise
    Open/Close Galaxy Map
    Open/Close System Map

And many other commands that I cannot think of or list here now.

I am not a programmer, but can understand basic instructions, if anyone can lead me in the right direction.

I wish there was some documentation for beginners on how to manage this kind of basic stuff in voice attack with HCS voicepacks.
    All the documentation I can find is for set-up; but nothing for basic programming mods like the ones mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• TheThingIs
    replied
    unfortunately it can't really be done. Some commands you can but most perform based on the spoken word so a keypress won't tell the cmd what to do

Leave a comment:

Working...
X