Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to say "Full Impulse" Twice for it to execute

Hello,
    I am having an issue with "Full Impulse" command executing when exiting hyperspace and preparing for next system jump. I need to say it twice for it to execute even though it is recognized on the first time. This isn't random it is happening every time during travel to different systems. I also see it sometimes when I exit to a space station but is is more random and not every time.

Log of 3 consecutive jumps showing having to say the "Full Impulse" command twice.

19:01:34 - Recognized : 'engage warp drive'
    19:01:24 - Recognized : 'full impulse'
    19:01:22 - Unrecognized : 'and-and'
    19:01:19 - Recognized : 'full impulse'
    19:01:15 - Recognized : 'yes'
    19:01:10 - Estimated max jumps remaining: 2 - Fuel remaining: 6.31t
    19:00:32 - Recognized : 'engage warp drive'
    19:00:26 - Recognized : 'full impulse'
    19:00:20 - Recognized : 'full impulse'
    19:00:17 - Recognized : 'yes'
    19:00:13 - Estimated max jumps remaining: 2 - Fuel remaining: 8.86t
    18:59:59 - Recognized : 'that is all'
    18:59:56 - Unrecognized : '-that is all'
    18:59:53 - Recognized : 'all stations'
    18:59:50 - Recognized : 'crewman celeste'
    18:59:46 - Recognized : 'crew command roster'
    18:59:34 - Recognized : 'engage warp drive'
    18:59:12 - Recognized : 'full impulse'
    18:59:08 - Recognized : 'full impulse'
    18:59:04 - Recognized : 'yes'
    18:59:00 - Estimated max jumps remaining: 3 - Fuel remaining: 12.60t

Thanks for any assistance.

I will have to give this a look at.... does this happen with the other "impulse" commands (ie 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, maximum impulse)?
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
      I will have to give this a look at.... does this happen with the other "impulse" commands (ie 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, maximum impulse)?
      I can confirm this bug myself, yet I use maximum impulse voice command. the first recognise for some reason seems to actually stop the engines completely, then second time it goes to maximum

Comment

also just re-read your question correctly. I use quarter impulse, half impulse a lot too. Half Impulse I have never had any issues at all. quarter impulse sometimes won't actually recognise correctly what I say so I revert to saying "ONE quarter impulse" then it decides I have spoken clearly enough. the 3/4 impulse seems confusing when I do use it but is very rare. It seems to actually sit more between 1/4 and 1/2 when I use it and I don't know if it's an in-game thing or just soomething weird. maximum impulse is my most common one and as I said above, I will jsut quote it.

"I can confirm this bug myself, yet I use maximum impulse voice command. the first recognise for some reason seems to actually stop the engines completely, then second time it goes to maximum"

And with how confusing the setup in VA is... I can't decipher if the actions are sending in a rogue engine stop bind. I take one look at the action stuff and just nope my head out of being nosey :P

Comment

played a bit more ED today and streamed it. Tried all the impulse speech commands several times and all of them would have some issue at some point where first time I say it it would completely stop the engines, so i would say a second time and it would do the correct speed. maybe an issue in your giant logic web per voice command? where it loses it's translation between recognising the command and pressing correct binds for the correct impulse maybe?

Comment

Its strange that it is stopping the engines though, because the actual *keypress* command (ie what does the pressing of stuff) doesn't actually have that in... (the 25/50/70/100 logic is used for all voice commands that deal with engine throttle settings).

Infact, this extends to the 10% step versions as well....

Will keep on looking into this,
            1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
            2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
            3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
            4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
            WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I've checked all the impulse commands and can find no issues with them. Can you direct your output to notepad, issue the cmd and see what is entered into notepad? Try then pressing that key yourself without VA running and see if it works. Otherwise I'd suggest popping into our Discord channel and we'll try to figure out the issue with you.
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
                I've checked all the impulse commands and can find no issues with them. Can you direct your output to notepad, issue the cmd and see what is entered into notepad? Try then pressing that key yourself without VA running and see if it works. Otherwise I'd suggest popping into our Discord channel and we'll try to figure out the issue with you.
                How would I direct output to notepad?

Comment

Originally posted by Flame_Fury View Post

How would I direct output to notepad?
                  Hopefully a more experienced user will check me on this but IIRC, there are two dropdowns in the main Voice Attack window; one to select the profile, and one to select what window/program where VoiceAttack sends the commands. If you have it set to "Active Window" (I think that's the default) then just make Notepad the front-most window and speak the commands you're troubleshooting. It will spit out the keypress that VoiceAttack + Singularity are using when executing the command.

E.g., if you say "Full impulse" and the keybinding in Elite is set to the letter "X", then if everything is working right it should type the letter "X" in the Notepad window. If it doesn't type the mapped letter or spits out something else entirely, then that helps pinpoint what might be going wrong / where the issue is.
                  Last edited by Cmdr Galyock; 04-08-2018, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I played around a little today and it seems to happening after I initiate the "discovery scan" command or I reply yes to the voicepack requesting to do the discovery scan. If I use the "Full Impulse" command before starting the discovery scan or waiting until it completes then it works fine on the first time.

I checked the command settings and the box is checked to allow other commands to execute while this one is running and the wait until this command completes is unchecked for the discovery scanner,

Comment

I tried directing output to notepad... did absolutely nothing to give key presses etc, but found out when doing maximum impulse when not in supercruise, it can sometimes put you into maximum reverse... which I'm guessing is the corresponding issue whilst in supercruise, but you can't go backwards so it put's it to slowest you can do in supercruise

Comment

Not sure exactly what is causign this issue though. But does happen frequently. I always use the words "Maxium Impulse" without fail, yet can either get the action I want which is to be sent to max speed, or it does the reverse and either, slows me down to minimum speed in supercruise, or maximum speed... in reverse if not in supercruise

Comment

Working...
                        X