No announcement yet.

Commands being said but not doing them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commands being said but not doing them?

Been sat here trying to work this out... Can not find anything on the web. When ever I say a command e.g Cargo Scoop. D.A.R.K responds but does nothing in game. Anyone know why?

When you start up voice attack, there will be several messages that crop up. One of them will be saying along the lines of "You have unbound commands, the list has been saved to <insert path>\MissingBinds.txt"

((The <insert path> will be to your desktop folder ))

You will need to ensure that those commands inside Elite dangerous have a keyboard press assigned to them.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Do I have the go through every command to do that?...

Comment

"Keyboard bind missing in Elite: Not set
        Keyboard bind missing in Elite: Not set
        Keyboard bind missing in Elite: Not set
        Keyboard bind missing in Elite: Not set" is all it says

Comment

And its every command I say, I does not do any of them.

Comment

Just the ones that are listed in the text file. They can be any keyboard press (or combination), and you can have 2 different inputs per command (Joystick button 10 as one input and the other as Shift+T for example)

But if you don't have a keyboard press assigned to it, then it doesn't matter how hard you hammer that keyboard, it just won't do what do that action (ie lower cargo scoop)

Comment

all the commands I have said, D.A.R.K does none of them. it's to do with Voice attack not Elite.
              16:34:20 - I could not find the selected control scheme in the custom binds folder.
              16:34:20 - Please run Elite and choose the correct control scheme or this profile will not work properly

I have all the control schemes in the folder but it isn't picking them up?

Comment

When you started up voice attack, it will produce a set of messages.

One of them (in this case) will be "Unable to detect control scheme, please log into the game and choose the correct control scheme"

Now (admittedly this message will be updated in the future) but for now it means (more often than not) "you are using stock controls, can you please swap over to custom control set" (in this case, make a quick edit of your control scheme so that it says "Custom".

A quick list of the commands that need binding are located here

Its not 100% complete (missing weapon/engine color change and galnet commands), but it will at least get you up and running.

I also recommend Rookfetts awesome playlist on how to get up and running playlist of videos. It takes you through *everything* from the downloading, to the installation, to the setting up of keybinds etc.

*edit* The custom control schemes are located (normally) at C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Local\Frontier Developments\Options\Bindings

So if you have used a custom control scheme, this is where Elite looks for them. If you are using *stock and unchanged* controls, then this folder will have no .binds files located in it
                Attached Files

Comment

I will go try that now. If it doesn't work I will reply on here.

Comment

Working...
                  X