Multi-part Technical Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-part Technical Issue

A few weeks ago I experienced a system glitch which, among other things, caused for multiple hard reboots and issues with Elite Dangerous (lost key binds of all types) and Voice Attack and the HCS VoicePacks. The most notable is that none of the spoken commands are functioning. I have tried many things: file integrity checks, removing and rebuilding the key binds, and HCS profiles. Completely un-installing VA and HCS and re-installing.

Following the glitch above, there were several issues with graphics drivers which have since been corrected. Though I don't know precisely how this would correlate.

As you can see from the image, there are several warnings.

1. Multiple instances of HCS EP V2.02. I've checked, there's only one on my system.
    2. ...could not find control scheme... (As noted above, these are present and function for manual control in the game.)
    3. Please run ELite and choose the correct scheme... (I've done this multiple times.)
    4. WARNING the HCS Elite plugin needs to be updated for the profile to work! (Except that it has been updated and the next line above shows the update. Why does this message keep appearing?)

I've followed the steps from the linked posting but have not yet had success in re-initializing the voice commands.
    http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...not-doing-them

Any additional assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HCS Issues.png
Views:	2
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	23457

Attached Files
    Been sat here trying to work this out... Can not find anything on the web. When ever I say a command e.g Cargo Scoop. D.A.R.K responds but does nothing in

I would recommend doing a full re-download of the voicepack (this will then include the most up to date version of the HCS Voicepack Plugin; this is currently at 2.04 at time of writing), uninstalling voice attack, making sure that there is NOTHING left in the voice attack directory (ie it has been completely removed) and that the

"c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\VoiceAtta ck" folder is empty as well.

Yes, this will mean complete setting up of the voicepack when you reinstall them, but it appears that something got gipped in your system.

If you have any other issues, please just post and we will help you out
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Current version of the plugin is 2.04. You just updated the profile. You have to redownload the package and uninstall and reinstall the plugin. If you ran out of downloads contact support under info@theqnn.com.

Comment

Because of other continuing issues, I ended up having to do a full format and re-install of everything on my system. I initially had issues with mapping the commands again and with getting the multi-crew working. For the first bit Eden would be the only one to respond. I was able to get Mars to respond after some tinkering. Oddly I haven't been able to get EDDI to work in parallel like it used to, but that's another issue. Good catch on the v2.02, I did go through the v2.04 setup and never noticed that it hadn't taken.

Why however, do I keep getting a reminder that there are updates available when VA starts?

Comment

Because the plugin and profile updated from when you last downloaded the voicepack. You can use your existing download links though to redownload the packs though
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
          X