Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New user, couple issues and best practice for panels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user, couple issues and best practice for panels?

Hi All

Firstly, what an amazing product, when it behaves. No im kidding, sure its me as a noob doing something wrong, anyway love the voices and really adds to the game.

I bought a few packs yesterday and have them all installed into voiceattack ok using the singularity profile, so 99% certain i have set them all up ok. I watched and following RootFetts videos (thanks). I have opened up the "protocol override customise my settings" to go through settings, and i need help with the below (in order of priority)

- If i either verbally ask to "refuel and restock ship" OR if i go into settings and check the boxes for refuel and stock upon docking, what happens is yes it refuels etc all good, but then it takes me straight back out to surface and launches? Which as a newbie pilot is a nightmare, as i then have to leave station, 180 turn, ask permission to dock again and come back in (10min wasted). I tried different combinations of the check boxes but i either get no refuelling etc, OR it carries them out but kicks me straight back onto the launch! What on earth is happening here? I had to turn it off last night which defeats the object of the voice control.

- I cannot get the "on my mark" to work at all (i have it checked in settings), what is the exact working please? I have tried several combinations such as "on my mark, engage jump" "engage jump on my mark" substituting jump for hyperspace, hyperdrive etc no joy. And yet if i just say "engage jump" on its own, works fine?

- I like many before am really struggling with the panels! Originally i thought its clearly not working! But have since read up on other posts and now understand that the panels work by tracking and its losing track of which screen i want. So i can appreciate that it is working, its how it works. SO, what is the best practice for getting the panels to behave and open the correct tabs etc? I read someone say that always "exit panel"and another say use "left panel" and "right panel" rather than tab names. So as i am confused now, what is the best practise to opening the tabs and closing them correctly to minimise the tracking being lost? Nightmare requesting docking whilst flying and find it opens the transactions tab.Someone elsewhere said to "reset panels" or run diagnostics? Forgive me, what commands are those?

Hope you can help, when its smooth the voicepacks add so much to the game and they are awesome, but in my first few hours last night i spent many times shouting at the computer with incorrect commands etc. Help me iron out these issues.

Ok, the tick boxes at the for the refueling etc are to *automatically* do it when you dock the ship. So no voice command required

For the panels: I *personally* go this route: If I use a manual control (ie joystick or keyboard press for example) to change tabs on a panel, then I will ensure that I return it to the "original" state once I have finished what I plan to do

for example: If I use a voice command to go to the contacts panels, but then manually swap to the navigation tab, Once I have finished with the navigation tab, I will *manually* move it back to the contact panel. This way, the tracking does not go out of whack.

the other option is to follow this: this guide/explanation.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Wow, thanks for quick reply!

I will try that with the panels thanks.

Regards the docking, yes i understand the check boxes are for automatic and my original post may not be clear sorry, but i have tried it both ways verbally and check boxes (not at same time), but why then if i stay silent but have the check boxes ticked does it refuel/repair/restock me AND then turn me around and put me back on the launch pad with the timer running? Its that bit that is the issue, why when i am just docking is it refuelling etc and then relaunching me?
      Last edited by leembennett; 06-03-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Anyone? HCS ?

Comment

To be honest, I haven't experienced this.... So I am unsure as to *why* it would be doing that...
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

turn off all the options for docking control in the customiser as that will be doing the refuel and repair when docked. The auto launching sounds possibly like keyboard issues. In the customisers keyboard control settings, reset them to defaults and see if that helps. It's possible you altered them and they are too fast which results in missed presses and the wrong menu action being done.
            The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I seem to have solved the docking by basically unchecking everything except "enter hanger", so essentially turning off automation. Sometimes less is more i guess
              Still for the live of me cant get "on my mark" to work despite dozens of attempts and combinations.

Also the interactivity mode? over a 3hrs of flying and nobody said a word unless asked am i using it right? all set at 2 (as in 1 in 2 - 50% chance) Or am i reading it wrong? Weird in 3hrs not one comment?

Comment

it is odd as both of those are definitely working

I'd suggest deleting and importing a fresh copy of the profile so that everything is reset to defaults. Don't change anything in the customiser and see how you get on. You can activate interaction mode by the spoken phrase "enable interaction mode"
                The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
                X