Error - VA making random commands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error - VA making random commands

I have just bought my first voice pack, Leo and generally everything works okay, other than voice attack registering random commands that I haven't made. For example, whilst writing this it has recognized the commands Zoom In, go warm, one down, down nine and back. Luckily I have Silent Running not bound, otherwise this would be a constant pain as Leo seems intent on running my ship without shields. When in game I can be in supercruise and these random commands just pop up with no input from me.

I am using the Leo 1.6.5. Beta Profile HOTAS

Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming quite annoying.

The beta profile is way out of date, and we replaced that with Singularity. email info@theqnn.com explaining the situation along with purchase details, and a new link can be sent out for you
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

if you've just bought the pack then the only way you could have got that very old profile is from the archived files. You need to be using the profile called Singularity which is in the profiles folder and not archived. You may use that old version if you wish but we cannot offer any support for it....things have moved on a long way since then
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I contacted HCS and was forwarded the correct e-mail with the correct link with Singularity. However, whilst it has solved quite a few of the issues I had prior, VA is still registering random commands, the most common commands that appear are "one" "1" "you're with me" and there is a one with regarding being in a wing. These commands don't register all of the time, with some sessions where there are no random commands and other times it's constant. Sometimes restarting VA resolves the issue, but other times it doesn't. This can happen with no background noise.

Again any help would be appreciated.

Comment

The "false recognition" is solved by either training your voicepack more, or adjusting the command weight/confidence levels in the voice attack settings (Recognition tab). The previous stuff is also dependent on your mic set up (desktop mic/headset mic, if its always on/push to talk, audio coming through speakers/headset)

So it is a case of tweaking on a per user basis.

Comment

The commands that are being registered occur when I am not talking. I can walk away from the computer and come back to see a dozen commands in the VA window. I have tried closing all other background apps, turning the mic off, but it's still occurring. Whilst it isn't affecting anything crucial now, (prior it was flipping Silent Running on), it's just a tad annoying.

Comment

What is your confidence level/command weight settings set to?

Increasing the confidence means "how sure" the computer is that you have said something

Command weight is "if it doesn't recognise what you said, how hard should it try to match it" style of setting. So a low command weight is for when you don't want VA to do a lot of guessing.

side note: Ambient noise in a room (creaks and what not) can "fool" a recognition system, although in this case having a high confidence level/low command weight can get around this.

Comment

Originally it was set to 50/50. I adjusted Command Weight to 70 and I went away from the computer for 5 mins and below is the VA window.

I will lower it and keep on tweaking it.

Comment

command weight should be low and confidence level mid level

I personally have mine on 0 for command weight and 40 for confidence level. Your mic level may be too high and over sensitive as well. To lower it you will have to train another speech profile and manually lower the level rather than let windows set it.
                  The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
                  X