Installation error message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation error message

Hi there I have read through the instructions and tried to install the Singularity as it says. But when I get to the import VAP file it keeps giving me an error. Titled import of commands prohibited by author, the message reads as follows. the author of the profile has indicated the commands cannot be imported directly. and you will need to import the profile in its entirety. please see the authors documentation for more details. but I cant find anything this
    Last edited by n80fty; 07-08-2018, 09:16 AM. Reason: VAC to VAP

Yep, you import the profile into its own profile (The Alt+I option of voice attack), and not into an existing profile. This is because we have commands that run on profile load/startup, and when you import the profile into an existing profile (via the "import commands" option when you are on the edit profile screen), these options don't get copied over.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thank you again Gangrel it worked with the Alt+I command. The keybind tutorial and the Extra tutorial from Rookfett, fixed the outstanding issues of the keybinds. The only issue I have now is under the extra tab. I cant see where to play the music from. She recognises the command and says done. but no music plays.

Comment

For the music player, because the controls are (at the moment) basic, you only have play/pause/stop music and next/previous track

These commands press the media hotkeys that you typically find on most keyboard nowadays, and even if your *current* keyboard doesn't have them to hand, Windows will still accept the voice command that presses it.

You will have to set the music player of your choice to use the global media keys as not all players are set up to do so out of the box (they will generally only accept them when they have focus)

Comment

• n80fty
          n80fty commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Gangrel, I use windows media as standard. My keyboard has the media keys. But I don't know how to get ASTRA to operate them when I ask. when I ask her to play music she says playing track. But no music plays.

Do you have windows media player already active with some music loaded into it?

Comment

• Gangrel
          Gangrel commented
          Editing a comment
          Do your media keys work with the media player itself already? ((As in, if you press those keys do they do what they are meant to do with WMP?))

• n80fty
          n80fty commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the media keys work and do what they are meant to do

• Gangrel
          Gangrel commented
          Editing a comment
          Make sure that you have the Target dropdown box (top right of the VA window) set to "Active window" and not Elite Dangerous
      Working...
      X