Voice Pack Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Pack Issue

I am having issue where the 5 voice packs i have are talking over each other and themselves. Example I have had 3 voicepacks start talking at once and I hace also had a Voice pack for example ELI start talking over himself. Now its marketted that you can use multiple voice packs so am I doing something wrong how Can I prevent this

with the singularity profile you can assign each crew member to their own role. They should only fire when asked to...
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I have each assigned to a role but it not their roles its the random comments and Interaction that overlap ASTRA will be talking about speeding in dock while Vega will be quating someone and ELI is telling me that he is amazed at How i think I will have all that and sometime with Carina and orion thrown in. Its not their JOBS or roles. Whats the point of having the abulity to have multiple voice packs if They talk over each other while interacting with me. Is there not away to stop them from talking over one another while still be able to interact

Comment

They shouldn't fire randomly without any command being given. You can always check the VA log to check to see what command is being recognised.

Otherwise you can disable the "chit chat" commands in the customiser.

I will check into the chit chat commands if they allow other commands/files to play whilst they do (which is where a potential issue can crop up, because blocking commands so that they don't talk over each other/stop running sounds at the time, can lead to some interesting effects....
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Also, Astra doesn't talk about speeding, that's the game.
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

+1 report for me, but honestly, I've had it happen once, and it happened to be last night. I've been using all the ship roles (with a separate voice assigned to each) since I started playing earlier this year and never noticed this happen before, but last night right after docking at a station I simultaneously and without prompting had Vega talking about the Fuel Rats while Eli was cussing me out for being an idiot, Cleo was trying to say something about Dave (the dog, I assume?), Alix was voluntarily telling me how unique she is, and because I also use EDDI, I had the Windows TTS voice reading me the market information update. All at the same time. My only real annoyance with it was that I couldn't make out what any of them were saying, exactly, because they were all overlapping. But it certainly made my cockpit come to life!

Comment

so when docked a few things could be trying to happen depending on your settings....eddi as you say, one of the invoke questions, auto performing of functions when docked, interaction mode. We do our best to stop things all kicking off at once but so many options and factors are going on. What are the settings you have in the customiser for frequencies etc. You can export your customiser settings and send us a copy of them and we can do some tests to see if anything obvious is happening which shouldn't be.
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

My issue is with the chit chat that is when they all seem to want to talk at once. when it comes to the ships role i have assigned them too they do it great and never overlap. Its the chit chat or Interaction mode they all do syuff at the same time

Comment

Working...
                X