Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singularity/HCS plugin crashing Corsair peripherals

Hi,
    I've found a problem with either the Singularity profile, the HCS Plugin, or both and my Corsair K40 keyboard, Glaive RGB mouse and Void USB headset.
    With the HCS Plugin enabled, starting Voice Attack hangs all three Corsair devices meaning I have to reset my Win 10 Pro x64 system. Other tasks and programs running are unaffected and the hang occurs even if I have closed the Corsair iCue program.

The Corsair services that are running are:

Corsair.Service.exe - Corsair.Service (32bit) v3.5.0.31
    Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe - Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter (32bit) v3.5.0.31

I'm using the latest drivers, software and firmwares for the Corsair devices.

This is a recent problem occurring since Singularity v1.2 and HCS Plugin v2.1. I haven't made any changes to the default Singularity profile and I am not running any other profiles with it. I have the latest versions of ASTRA, Celeste, Verity, Vega, Eden and Orion voice packs installed. I am also continuing to get the "Elite is already running" error even though Elite is not running.

Grateful for any advice as unable to play Elite.
    Last edited by Saitch76; 08-04-2018, 12:50 PM.

Huh, not sure about what has chances from the earlier plugin up to the current one, but we have also had a profile/plugin update to Singularity 1.21 and HCS plugin version 2.2. This update can be downloaded from here

I have forwarded this onto the main guy though as well.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
      Huh, not sure about what has chances from the earlier plugin up to the current one, but we have also had a profile/plugin update to Singularity 1.21 and HCS plugin version 2.2. This update can be downloaded from here

I have forwarded this onto the main guy though as well.
      I have the latest version of both installed thanks.

Comment

the profile actions commands in VA and the plugin does nothing other that read text files and send info to the profile in VA. It doesn't communicate with your pc, peripherals or drivers in any fashion so it's impossible for this to happen. Recent updates have only added some extra variables in for new elite ships etc and everything else is the same since v2.0 was released. The only manipulation of your pc or it's peripherals is done by VA itself, microphone, keyboard etc. Have you tried removing HCS products completely and seeing if things still crash when using VA without them? It may be wise to speak to Gary at VoiceAttack about this issue.
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
          the profile actions commands in VA and the plugin does nothing other that read text files and send info to the profile in VA. It doesn't communicate with your pc, peripherals or drivers in any fashion so it's impossible for this to happen. Recent updates have only added some extra variables in for new elite ships etc and everything else is the same since v2.0 was released. The only manipulation of your pc or it's peripherals is done by VA itself, microphone, keyboard etc. Have you tried removing HCS products completely and seeing if things still crash when using VA without them? It may be wise to speak to Gary at VoiceAttack about this issue.
          Thanks for your reply.
          I need to do more testing but so far VA works without issue when Singularity is disabled. I can run all other non-HCS profiles. When I switch to Singularity. I get the familiar "Elite is already running" error (which I thought was fixed), all stations default to ASTRA, ASTRA starts her introductory announcement and then my 3 Corsair peripherals hang. I have tried uninstalling all the HCS products I have several times.
          I've already emailed Gary from VA and he has suggested hearing what you guys think first.

Comment

what you are describing sounds like problems accessing the elite journal files and likely other files that we need to read. If you are running VA as admin then try not running as admin and vice versa. I'll liaise with Gary and see if we can figure anything out between us.
            The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Thanks for looking into this issue. I have found that I can avoid the hangs if I switch my peripherals' USB ports. I need to do more experimenting but want to actually get the chance to play Elite for a few days first.
              I will post any findings.

Comment

Working...
              X