No announcement yet.

Unable to retrieve VoiceAttack paths on update/new voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Gangrel, you smart guy, me idiot, I am running two VA one was my original trail 1.5.2 with astra and eli, and the second was my steam install 1.7.2. Steam is on drive H: and original is on Drive I:.
    Now I just need to clean it up. registry showed drive I: version 1.5.2. I cannot believe that the steam version still found the apps folder and the sounds folder that was on a different drive. Unfortunately I need to ask what is the best way for me to clean this mess up?

Comment

Best method for you in this case is to nuke both and install one version of VA.

I would also make sure that 1) any settings you have for VA are noted down somewhere, along with information about plugins. For the HCS stuff, as it appears you are updating, best to start fresh here, so redownload all the pack (unless done in the past week for each pack you own), and then run the plugin installer followed by the voicepack installer for each voicepack (so 1 plugin install, multiple voicepack installs)

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thanks Grangrel, I will give a go.

Comment

Grangel, the folders on the I: drive are only apps/sounds/ and fault.txt. Can I just edit the registry and transfer the files to the steam drive H:? My install/uninstall is only for the steam version.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleCruiser2 View Post
            Grangel, the folders on the I: drive are only apps/sounds/ and fault.txt. Can I just edit the registry and transfer the files to the steam drive H:? My install/uninstall is only for the steam version.
            So what happened to the 1.5.2 version that you originally said you had? Side note: I would recommend installing from fresh downloads of the voicepacks because there have been sound file changes since the last time it appears you updated.

Comment

Sorry Gangrel, the registry is still listing 1.5.12 in Drive I:
              It appears that it is the registry entries are screwing things up, will direct steam to install in that location to see if it clears it up.

Comment

What happens if you install the normal version of VA, then uninstall it?

Comment

It works when installed in VA default C: drive location

Comment

I think I have it fixed. For everyone else with steam VA this is what I did.

Download the trial of VA and install in default location. (C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps and \Sounds folder
                    Open trial and close.
                    Install steam version ( note location )
                    Install plug in to trial default location \Apps\ folder
                    Install voice pack(s) into default \Sounds\ folder
                    Now copy and paste the \Apps and \Sounds folders to the steam location for VA
                    Start VA and click the Import Profile button and then browse the the correct .vap profile file you want. It is in the plugins download.
                    Stop and restart VA

Gangrel, if I have made a mistake please edit or correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X