Only 1 of 4 voice packs being recognised after full re-install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 1 of 4 voice packs being recognised after full re-install

Creating a new thread as my problem has changed and the old thread is getting long.

After a recent profile update I had an issue with 'No Voicepacks Installed' message (I have 4). I uninstalled everything as suggested in that previous thread and cleared out the Sounds folder.
    1. I then reinstalled Voice attack (V1.7.2), Plugins (V2.2), Singularity Profile (V1.2.1) then
    2. installed LEO, CLEO, ORION and ASTRA.
    3. Run the system up, and I have now got past the original issue of it saying no voicepacks installed
    4. BUT I can only appear to get responses from LEO.
    If I try to do any crew rostering etc, it responds saying "Command not available when you only have 1 crew member'. All 4 voice-packs show as installed in Windows / control Panel / Programs and Features and also show in the Sounds folder. How can I check if all four crew members are being recognised? (I'm sure it used to show when you started up VA)

Below is the start screen from VA

Pat

16:44:41 - Waiting for you to log into Elite...
    16:44:38 - Listening suspended
    16:44:37 - Singularity initialising...
    16:44:37 - Elite: Dangerous VoiceAttack profile - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd
    16:44:37 - Singularity v1.21 - VoiceAttack v1.7.2
    16:44:37 - Plugin 'HCS Elite Plugin v2.2 - (c)2018 HCS VoicePacks Ltd' initialized.
    16:44:37 - Plugin support enabled.

If you have more than one voicepack installed, it should show it in the voice attack log.

What I would have done is swapped steps 1 and 2 (after a full uninstall of existing voicepacks).

If those voicepacks are from *fresh* downloads (you can check in the changelog that comes with each download). If you look at the Changelog for Elite Dangerous.rtf that is in the same folder as the installers the dates for them are as follows :

ASTRA: 30/07/2018
    Orion: 27/07/2018
    Leo: 27/07/18
    Cleo: 30/07/2018

If those dates do not match, then I would recommend downloading the most up to date version (use your existing link to get these)

Then it should be safe to do what you did with previously (nuke install, install voicepacks, then import profile)
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I appreciate your are helping me, and I'll follow the steps you suggest thanks, BUT I think your reply highlights the issue with this software.
      I used the sticky stating the '..Correct way' to install...' here http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...he-correct-way

and you'r suggesting it works better a different way.

This software is just too hit and miss to update - I've spent literally hours trying to get this working again.

Does the owner / developer of this software ever reply to support requests? or see the trauma we go through?

Thanks for your help though.

Pat

Comment

Right. After many hours, I have finally got all my voices working again. I'm pretty sure the key resolution was to re-download all my voicepacks to make sure I was using the latest versions. I then did an uninstall of plugins and voice packs, clean out the sound folder, a re-install of plugins, voice packs and profile using the steps in the latest help manual. All good.

So, given that all my problems originally started from installing a new plugins and profile as per the email sent out a few weeks ago, and the resolution was to re-download all voice packs and reinstall, then its likely that this will have to be done frequently. so my question is - "what happens when I have used all my allocated downloads?" (I'm pretty sure it says you have a limited number of downloads for each product)

Thanks for your help

Pat

Comment

• op4dave
          op4dave commented
          Editing a comment
          PatMc thank you for working through this. I am going through the same problem. where is the latest help manual located? LOL

• Gangrel
          Gangrel commented
          Editing a comment
          Latest manual is located in the root of the voice pack folder

You can always email info@theqnn.com with purchase details to get the limit reset
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Thank you! I have been trying to get all my voice packs to work ever since I installed Carina at the end of July. Deleting all the HCS packs and installing the NEWEST of each is what solved it for me. I don't know how many times I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Loving them all working together again. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X